USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 13

Spotify Version 

Instagram Version

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to share a song from the Spotify app to Instagram for a story, Spotify brings me to a screen where I can see the track title, artist, art, etc. However, when I tap the Instagram story icon to share, it just reloads and takes me back to the same screen; it also says "Unsupported Browser" when I tap More.

Both applications have all permissions allowed and are up-to-date as of 11/19/2022.

Screenshot_20221119_093509_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221119_093520_Android System.jpg
Top Answer
AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting and the Community and for all the info shared.

In this case, to continue investigating this further, we'll need the following info, so we can further this info to the right team:

• Make/model and OS of the affected device
  • Spotify version and Instagram version you have running
  • All the troubleshooting you've tried
  • A video recording of this behavior

You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Note: If you're new to this thread and you noticed this behavior recently, be aware, we’ll need every single detail in the list above, so our tech team can investigate further. If perhaps you've already posted, but you didn't send all this info, no worries, please reply again with the remaining details. If you kindly sent us everything, you don't need to post the info again 🙂

Keep us in the loop!

71 Replies

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and the detailed info shared,

@thatoneguy2400, no worries, we noticed you kindly sent us all that important info previously. We added a disclaimer in the pin message, to clarify that if there are new users seeing this behavior, they'll need to send us the info.

Folks, we've gone ahead and passed all this info to our tech. Rest assured this is being investigated. We'd recommend to subscribe to this thread in the three-dot menu; that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I got the same issue and all solutions posted here don't work.

I have OnePlus9 with OxygenOS 13.0 version LE2113_11_F.72 with spotify version 8.7.90.544

i noticed this issue came with the new os update

Hey folks,

Thanks for all the info shared in this thread, it'll help us a lot.

For those who posted a couple weeks ago in this thread, can you check if you have new versions of the app available in the Play Store? If yes, please update the app.

Once you've done that, would you mind checking if you continue seeing this behavior? If yes, please send us the version you're currently running.

Note: If you're new to this thread, keep in mind you'll need to send us all the details we asked for in the pin message. If you already sent us the info, but you replied a couple of weeks ago, we'll just need to check the mentioned info above in this message.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Just updated the app and the behavior persists.

Version: 8.7.90.544

Plan

Free

Country

India 

Device 

Samsung A53 5g

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

When tapping on instagram stories option, my instagram app doesn't open and gence music is not shared. I've reinstalled spotify and instagram multiple times and also cleared the cache in hopes of a solution but nothing worked. Please look into the matter.

This problem still persists. Has there been any updates at all in how to fix? I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated both apps for weeks now and then problem remains. Are going pixel users just never going to be able to have this option again?

Just updated the app. 

This is incredibly frustrating! 

Samsung S22+ / Android 13 / One UI 5

Spotify Version: 8.7.90.544

Screenshot_20221208_132833_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20221208_132914_Google Play Store.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

@TheBadTrap@thatoneguy2400, we really appreciate the confirmation.

We received some news from our tech folks. Would you mind checking if you have new versions of Instagram available in the Play Store? If yes, please update Instagram. 

Once you've done that, again, check if the issue persists. If yes, please send us the exact Instagram version you have currently running, so we can forward that info to our tech team.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Well, my Instagram was already up to date but it seems the issue has resolved for me somehow. I'm now once again able to post from Spotify to my Instagram stories. I'm not sure what happened, I didn't change any settings or reinstall/clear cache again.

Attaching my IG version here still, just in case it helps.

Screenshot_20221212_000116_Settings.jpg

Hey @TheBadTrap,

Thanks for your reply.

We're forwarded this important info to the right team. Thanks for keeping us posted regarding this. 

Folks, don't forget to make sure your Instagram app is up to date. If you continue to have inconveniences after that, please send us the Instagram version you are currently running.

We'll be a post away!

AlejaRModerator

Fixed for me with recent updates!

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies!

We're glad to hear that this has been fixed. If anyone is still experiencing this issue, we'd suggest keeping your Instagram app up to date.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts