Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to listen to my Spotify on bluetooth when sibling uses their Spotify

Unable to listen to my Spotify on bluetooth when sibling uses their Spotify

My sibling and I have separate Spotify accounts. When listening to my own music on my Spotify account on bluetooth, if my sibling attempts to listen to THEIR OWN account on a different bluetooth device my music will get cut off.

This happens the other way too, if I try and connect to bluetooth when they are listening to their account on a separate bluetooth device it will cut them off.

This happens when we are in separate rooms too, so no one is trying to connect to the same device.

Is there any reason why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks!
1 Reply

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You and your sibling should be able to listen to your music on your own separate devices at the same time, as you're using your own separate accounts.

If the streaming from one account is interrupted when the other person starts listening to music, it means that you're both logged in to the same account. In this case, we suggest following the steps under Log out everywhere in this article. Then, log back in making sure you're using your own account's credentials.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts