Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log on through onkyo receiver

Solved!

Unable to log on through onkyo receiver

Hi,
I have in the past happily used the spotify service through my onkyo receiver. I have just reactivated my premium service but when ever I try and log in through the receiver (not using Facebook login, but using my own user ID and password, which work fine on the web and iPhone) it doesn't work and get "login error. Please check your account information. For help with your password. Visit www.spotify.com"
This is really starting to bug me now, any suggestions would be greatly received.
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

ISSUE RESOLVED

After messing with this today I found the issue to be the new virgin media super hub. I have now set the new super hub to "modem only" and using my old netgear wireless router. Although the onkyo is wired the virgin equipment doesn't seem to like it.

Very pleased

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Sometimes it can take a little while for your subscription to sync across all of your devices, especially over to partner services so I would leave it 24 hours to see if its corrects itself (which normally happens) before troubleshooting any further. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

I reactivated my premium subscription Sunday morning, just tried again now (Wednesday morning) and after 3 days still not working?

Any other ideas, I have tried to contact spotify but from what I read any customer support is none existent.

Thanks
Marked as solution

ISSUE RESOLVED

After messing with this today I found the issue to be the new virgin media super hub. I have now set the new super hub to "modem only" and using my old netgear wireless router. Although the onkyo is wired the virgin equipment doesn't seem to like it.

Very pleased

Suggested posts