Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play all BTS songs

Unable to play all BTS songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Premium

Device

iPhone 6s, Windows 10 app

Operating System

iOS 12.1, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't play any of the songs from BTS. I've tried unintalling and reinstalling the app on my phone but it didn't help at all. Is this happening for anyone else and is there a way to fix it??

15 Replies

Hey there.

There is a possibility that the songs are not available in your country. What country do you live in? Another reason could be, that you're in an offline session and don't have the songs downloaded. Could you send over a screenshot of how it looks like when you try to play any BTS song?

Keep me posted!

Felix

Sorry about that! I live in the US! I’ve attached what the songs look like for me on my spotify app and I believe they look normal, so i’m inste as to why they aren’t playing. I’m usually on my schools wifi so there shouldn’t be any offline problems.  

Thank you for any help you can give! 

079C8100-1CC5-4962-A69F-8DF02E2BE6BE.png

Thanks for the screenshot and your country! They indeed look normal and seem to be available in your country, as I see you even have one of them downloaded. Do you only have the problem when trying to play them from one specific place (e.g. playlist, album page etc.), or does it happen no matter where you're trying to access them from?

It is sadly happening everywhere I try and play them from. It also doesn’t allow me to play any older tracks from them as well. 

I’d like to report that I’ve fixed the issue! It appears that I accidentally blocked BTS and wouldn’t allow spotify to play their music anymore. I wasn’t away that spotify would play certain artists for you if you asked! Thanks again for all your help! :^)

That's great to hear! I didn't even know you could exclude certain artists from being played on Spotify.

I'd highly recommend you to mark your answer as Solution by clicking the "Accept as solution" button right next to the "Like" button. That way it's super easy for others to find the solution instead of scrolling through the whole thread.

Happy listening! 🙂

Felix

How do i disable that block effect? I did it awhile ago and i'm having trouble removing it. 

Hey @tiahnnaiw.

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can unblock any artist by visiting their Artist profile from a mobile device and hitting the three-dot menu. There should be an option to block and unblock an Artist.

This feature hasn't been rolled out to all users yet so we can promise that you are able to block or unblock artists.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I've had the same issue - I accidentally blocked a certain artist. I tried to unblock them again by following the recommended steps, but the app/account/whatever keeps reblocking them every time I restart the app or reload the artist's account. Any ideas what I could do About it? I already tried to reinstall the app. 

Me too! I accidentally blocked my favorite artist and every time I open the app I have to unblock them again. I also listen to music on my laptop and while playing video games on my ps4 and as there is no way to unblock them from there, I can't listen to them through there. I've tried reinstalling logging in and out, even tried blocking other artists I don't listen to, and they also get blocked again every time. It's incredibly frustrating and I hope spotify offers a workaround very soon.

Hey there @thembirds,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

This issue should now be fixed, check here. If you still have to unblock specific artists every time you start the app, try performing a clean reinstall, following the steps in this support article. This will assure that you're running the latest version of the app.

Let us know if that helped. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same as me, some of BTS songs can't play like Spine Breaker, Outro: Her and Blood Sweat and Tears even though is official music and discovered.

Hey @Nico_Jung,

Thanks for posting here.

Just to double-check-are there any changes when you try playing the songs on another device?

If that doesn't make a difference, you can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!

I can't play only one of BTS songs, butter remix by Megan Thee Stallion from anywhere and instead of that the main version plays! I live in US. 

Hi @Laylaot7!

It's possible for rights holders (artists, labels etc.) to restrict access to individual songs in certain regions. This can usually be noticed if you see the song itself, but it's slightly grayed out and unplayable. Those restrictions can change over time so hopefully it becomes available in your country in the future. Also note that Spotify has no control over these restrictions. I hope this helps!

Best,

Felix

Suggested posts