Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play specific artist on my account

Unable to play specific artist on my account

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9, WebPlayer, PC-Software, Sonos, Google Home)

My Question or Issue

The artist "Infected Mushroom" gives me the messange "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." for at least 2 years now on my account. Before that I listened to the artist every day. The problem accour on all my devices phone, pc, sonos et.c.

Works excellent on my friends accounts.

I have triend multiple ways to listen to the artist on new installed computers, webplayer, sonos.. followed guides to clear appdata and more.

7 Replies

Hey @gomez.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's possible that something is up with your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

If it does, you can make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists so you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi and thanks!

I don't want to make a new account. I had this account since Spotify's beginning. Loyal member since.

Can't you fix it on my account?

/ gomez

Hey there @gomez,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

Just to confirm, does this occur when connected to a different internet connection (for example, if your devices are all connected on the same WiFi, try a different one or switching to your mobile data)?

On another note, it'd be also helpful if you could log in with a different account from one of your devices to see if you're still having troubles listening to that particular artist. This could help pinpoint if it's an account issue.

In it persists while listening from a different account, we'd recommend trying uninstalling your PC's audio drivers and restarting it. Once you've done so, make sure that your PC installs the latest versions available. You can also make sure that your devices are all rocking the latest firmware/software versions as well as Spotify version. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi, I just tried login on my computer on my friends Spotify-account and Infected Mushroom worked like a charm playing.

When I logged out and in with my account I have the same problem...w t f? The problem is 100% on my account.

It can't be the drivers on my PC, I have this problem on my phone as well and I have very hard thinking the audio driver manufacture coded the driver specifically not getting my account to listen to Infected Mushroom...

Hey @gomez.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It sounds like there is a small mistake in your account. We don't really have the option to look 'under the hood' of your account here at the Community. We can however help you to get a new account and have your music moved over.  It sounds like a lot of work but really isn't.

Let us know if you'd like to try this and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Is there any tech support on Spotify with staff that can manage to fix this problem? After all, I pay money for this product.

Then it's more simple for me to just go over to Google Music et.c.

I don't think creating a new account is a solution to my problem.

Hey @gomez.

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can get in touch with our friends at support here. They might be able to help you further.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts