Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to share music

Unable to share music

Hi!

I'm having issues sharing artists with certain people. I followed a few people about a week ago and I'm unable to share music with then, In the desktop program, they will not show up at all (people I have previously followed are still selectable), and in the web player, they do show up but when I click "Send" the spinning circle in the left corner loops forever and nothing happens. This is extremely frustrating an all help is appreciated.

Behavior is consistent on two different computers so I don't think it's client related.

7 Replies

Hi! Currently, you can only share to the people who are following you too justc like twitter's direct message. Make them follow you first so you can send to them. Hope this helps 🙂

Is this a recent change? Previously I've been able to share music with people I'm following regardless of if they are following me or not.

If this is in fact a change they have made, where do I go to send my formal complaints? I believe this greatly reduces the chance to discover new music for people and it's a huge blow to the community spirit on Spotify if it's true.

But... Why do they show up in the web player then? This makes no sense.

They might have changed it. Also, the web player is not updated frequently so it might still have the feature but it's no longer working. You can send an idea that you should be capable of doing it here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions . People will soon give kudos to it and Spotify will soon see it. Hope this helps 🙂

Yes, they might have changed it. But are we absolutely certain that it's a change and not just a temporary bug? I'm absolutely certain that it has worked as recent as July.. So it would be good to get some clarity on if it's a bug or a "feature".

I tried it again but it doesn't seem to be a bug. It can be a feature because some people might not want to receive messages from unkown people who they don't follow(just an opinion). Just go ask them to follow you, too. 🙂 Hope this helps.

Update: I'm usig 1.0.12, the latest version and still can't. I can only send to FB friends even if they don't follow me and followers (including those without Facebook Account)

It would make sense except for the fact that I can still share music with the people I added before, who are still not following me.

Also. How do I "ask" someone to follow me if I don't know them outside of spotify?

@Ozzed

Hello:

There are a few ways to let social media friends know you have a Spotify account, so they can follow you on the service.

1. If you go to the upper right where you user name and sittings information is, and click on the avatar image for user, this will open your user page.

2. Next click on the three dots inside the circle next to your avatar placement picture, and now you have two linking options to send to social media connections you have either through twitter, facebook, or whichever social media services you use. Just send these user profile links to whomever you think might follow you.

3. The first linking option is the http link, these will usually launch the webplayer from a browser for users to log into to check out your Spotify user profile, also Spotify users can just copy and paste these Spotify user profile links into the Spotify desktop app search window and hit enter.

4. The second linking option is the URI link, these when clicked on for users if they have the Spotify desktop app already open, these links will automatically go to the designated link these are tied to. And then Spotify users who click on these user profile URI's they will be taken to user profiles in the Spotify service and be able to follow.

Suggested posts