Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown Webplayer randomly starts playing

Solved!

Unknown Webplayer randomly starts playing

Plan

Premium

Country

Currently registered country is Germany but I live in Sweden and will change the country by next month.

Device

Samsung A3 (Android), Windows 10 Laptop

My Question or Issue

I am listening to music via my Phone connected to bluetooth speakers. As long as I can think there is a Web Player (Chrome) connected with my phone, that I do not know or can turn off. Recently however the webplayer seems to stop whichever song I am playing and starts some random Playlist/Artist. When I switch back to what I want to listen to it takes mostly less than a minute for the webplayer to interfere again.

I tried to pause the song that the webplayer is playing. However, it automatically unpauses and keeps playing after 1-5 seconds.

When I start playing music on my Laptop and spotify-connect to my phone it works for some time (maybe 30 min) but at some point the webplayer regains control and starts playing that same artist.

Seems like the technlogy has finally taken over the world. Does anyone have ideas?

Thank you for any help!

James

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey James,

That is no fun at all, I believe that someone else might be using your account, but don't worry, we can fix this!

Check out this link for some steps to take to make sure you oot this person out and secure your account again!

If the issue persists, then let me know and we'll try something else!

Good luck!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey James,

That is no fun at all, I believe that someone else might be using your account, but don't worry, we can fix this!

Check out this link for some steps to take to make sure you oot this person out and secure your account again!

If the issue persists, then let me know and we'll try something else!

Good luck!

I will see if that is it. Thank you for now!

Hey James,

Awesome, let me know how you go and I have my fingers crossed for you!

Same happens for me for days now... Spotify Account is logged into via Facebook. Disconnected all the devices, set up 2-factor-authentication, removed all known devices - it's still happening. Always plays some generic cover-art playlists to drive revenuee i guess!?

Screenshot_1.png

Hey @user-removed,

I can assure you Spotify doesn't do that, have you made sure someone doesn't have access to your Facebook account?

Let me know 🙂

Just as a final update from me: It worked. Account is secured and unwanted webplayers are no longer playing.

Thanks for the help!

That's great to hear James! Keep on rocking out to your tunes! 🙂

Topic solved with the news of the recent facebook hack. Decoupled the account from facebook via support.

Suggested posts