Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Unspecified] failed to share to facebook

[Unspecified] failed to share to facebook

EDIT: Topic locked as no OS Specified.

I han share to Twitter and man bit egen i try share to Facebook it says "failed to share to Facebook"

10 Replies

That's strange, have you tried reconnecting to Facebook in Spotify?

Just go into your Preferences (edit > Preferences, in Windows) then scroll to the bottom and select Disconnect. Log out and in again, then reconnect.

Let me know how you get on.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Sorry, autocorrect. =D

I can share to Twitter and man, but when i try share to Facebook it says "failed to share to Facebook"

I have this problem when I use Lumia 800 with WP7, in windows (PC) I have no problem, i dont share directly through spotify but Internet Explorer pop up..

When I try to share from spotify phone i get the opportunity to share to facebook, twitter, and msn.  If I choose twitter/msn it pops up a IE page. When I try the same thing with the faceook alternative it says "failed to share to facebook", no popup at all??

Sometimes the "share to facebook" alternatie is missing, if I select "offline" the faceook sharing alternative comes back?

Thank you replying so fast 🙂

Could someone provide us with a screenshot of the error message so we can see what's going on for ourselves? This would help with further troubleshooting.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I'm having the same problem. When I try to share a song to facebook I receive the same error "Failed to share to Facebook". I have a Lumia 710 with Windows Phone.

Maybe it's a Nokia Lumia-problem because it works fine on my Omnia 7...
Inspired by the novel Push by Sapphire 😛

Hey guys,

Im having this problem too.  When sharing a track using wp7 spotify app, shares perfectly to twitter and live messenger, but wont share to facebook, get the "failed to share" screen.

Funnily enough, spotify will share to facebook using the ipad app no problem, so i assume its a wp7 bug.

Any thoughts?

edit: using 8773 on my HTC.

I'm using a Lumia 900 and getting the same problems.  I had it working once before but uninstalled.  I have recently reinstalled and can't get it to work.  There is no disconnect option.  Any help would be appreciated.

Spotify does not want to fix WP app.

But wait, you can add your voice.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/All-Windows-Phone-bugs-in-one-threa...

Ok, this is how I got it to work.  Open the Spotify desktop application.  Play a song, share a song whatever.  Make sure you get the pop up box saying, "Spotify wants to post on your behalf".  Log out after that.  Log back in.  Reinstall the Spotify windows phone app and log in.  You should now be able to share to FB.  Took me most of the day to figure it out but it worked.  Hope this helps.

Suggested posts