Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Users who add their own songs to shared playlists

Users who add their own songs to shared playlists

An user/singer has recently added a lot of his own songs to a shared playlist of mine. Is this behavior allowed by Spotify policies?

Thanks all for the answers

giaconet

7 Replies

Hi there @giaconet,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you've marked the playlist as Collaborative other user can add/remove songs from it. 

If the playlist is set to Public other user can only listen to /like the playlist without altering it's contents. 

Private playlists are not displayed in the Search option or your account profile.

Hope you fond this info helpful 🙂 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the answer.

I know that an user can add a song to collaborative playlist. We do that, with my friends.
I told about an user who added many (about 40) his own songs to a collaborative playlist (and I've understood that this behavior is an habit because I found other users on other socials complaining about that)

Thanks

giaconet

Hey @giaconet

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Keep in mind that when a collaborative playlist is public on any profile, any user can edit it. For now, we'd recommend creating a new secret collaborative playlist and moving all the tracks to it in order to get rid of this unwanted user. The easiest way to do this is using the desktop app.

However, other users think it would be a good idea to have only selected authors for collaborative playlists in order to avoid this. If you agree, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE to this thread. You can also subscribe to it in the three-dot menu and that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Any chance this is about that "MORISDOWN" dude? Not only is his music terrible, but he's ruined every collab playlist I've had / been part of. I don't even bother with collab playlists now because somehow he always finds a way to put all of his awful music on them

No, he isn't. 

Evidently there are several users with the same bad habit...

I’ve had this problem with a user adding the Morisdown tracks. What’s worse, this user deleted all of our songs from our playlist. A hundred plus songs from a group of friends, deleted by some **bleep** spamming us with terrible music. 

Hey @laserbeameyes,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately there is no way to manually re-add those songs which the user has removed. 

We recommend sharing links to collaborative playlists only with users you trust, as anyone who has access to it can add/ remove tracks.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts