Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Video Not Playing and Items Missing on Amazon Firestick Spotify App

Video Not Playing and Items Missing on Amazon Firestick Spotify App

Question or Issue

Hi, like like many, when Joe Rogan moved to Spotify, I created an account and tried using your service. I watch podcasts on my Amazon Firestick 4K so I downloaded the Spotify app there and immediately noticed videos in Joe Rogan's podcast and others were not showing like they do on the phone app. Additionally, the Firestick Spotify app is only displaying a small list of his early episodes and nothing recent like it shows on the phone app. And again, no video for any of them. Many podcasts require video for context, please fix this soon!

11 Replies

Same

Same problem. Please fix. JRE is fine on my samsung A5 but not on my firestick. HELP!

I miss you Joe, sorry you **bleep** deal for the $$$. Oh well

Same here. If this isn't addressed before JRE leaves Youtube it would be really bad form on Spotify's part. How do you roll out an exclusive video podcast without video support for most of the apps?!

JRE video works on my phone but does not work on my Amazon Firestick, or my Roku smart TV. 

PLEASE FIX BEFORE MOVING JRE OFF OF YOUTUBE.

Thank you

Agreed. Super bad form. Fix this ! Works great on iPhone. Won’t work on firestick or when connecting firestick to iPhone . Even tried screen mirroring...

Having the same problem!!!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Currently the option to view podcast videos is supported only on desktop and mobile devices. It seems however that other users have also requested this to be changed and they've created this idea about adding videos on casted TV devices. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon  as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This truly makes zero sense. Its available on mobile devices and desktops
but not normal televisions and the numerous apps on them (such as firestick
and roku)? Why? It is certainly not a technical issue because some app
platforms are virtually identical and casting doesn't work either which
means you all are actively blocking it. Spotify is being very smart by
purchasing high profile podcasts like Joe Rogan, but you will not gain even
close to the amount of new users you want/project without having the video
feature on all your app platforms (and many people like me who were looking
forward to YouTube finally getting some real competition are now getting
extremely frustrated with Spotify by this lack of support). Video driven
podcasts are not ones many people just want to listen to the audio only on,
and there are *countless* people who watch their podcasts on their smart
television via apps. I am not kidding when I say you guys really need to
fix this soon or it will effect your bottom dollar.

This is unacceptable... you paid millions for this podcast you have a duty to the millions of fans to make it right or you will not keep them

Hey everyone,

We're happy to confirm that we've been working on improving FireTV support and this is now playable on all FireTV devices.

Please make sure to clear your device's cache and/or reinstall the native app, if your device has one, to freshen things up and you should be good to go.

We appreciate your comments. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out in the Help boards.

Cheers!

Suggested posts