Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

View My Own Profile

Solved!

View My Own Profile

Since the last update to Spotify (Desktop version on Windows), I'm no longer allowed to view my public profile on the app. I can view the profiles of other people just fine, including their overview, public playlists, followers, and following, by clicking on their name in my sidebar. Clicking on my name on the top right of the window does not do anything, but a tooltip does appear that says "Profile", so I think this is most definitely a bug. Clicking on the arrow next to my name opens a dropdown which includes the options: Private Session, Account, Settings, Log Out. Clicking on Account only opens up my subscription plan details in my browser.

If there is a way that I'm missing, please someone let me know. But I've tried doing a lot of things and can't figure it out.

Hover.png
Dropdown.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lkinsella322!

Alright, thanks for trying! This feature should still be available. You should be able to view your profile by clicking your name in the top-right corner. Could you try to type the following in the searchbar and clicking enter: "spotify:user:yourusername"? Does your profile show up? Also, can you view other people's profiles? Let me know! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @lkinsella322, welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool. Alright, let's try some troubleshooting. Could you try a quick reinstall of the desktop app, with these steps? Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

HuboSpotify Star

Hey @Huib,

I uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify, which was completely unnecessary because my version was already the most recent version, and nothing has changed. There is still no way to view my public profile, and clicking on my name in the top right corner does nothing. The dropdown menu still does not have a "Profile" option on it.

Please update Spotify with this change, because I want to be able to see what my profile looks like to my followers. This seems like a pretty standard feature. On facebook, you can see your profile. On Twitter, you can see your profile. On Instagram, you can see your profile. The fact that Spotify had this feature in the past and then removed it is pretty par for the course as far as Spotify goes.

Lee

Marked as solution

Hey @lkinsella322!

Alright, thanks for trying! This feature should still be available. You should be able to view your profile by clicking your name in the top-right corner. Could you try to type the following in the searchbar and clicking enter: "spotify:user:yourusername"? Does your profile show up? Also, can you view other people's profiles? Let me know! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star

You guys fixed this issue with the new update. Thanks for being responsive to user input!

Hey @lkinsella322!

Great to hear things are working again! If there's anything else, just give me a shout! 🙂

Also, keep in mind I'm not from Spotify. I'm a Top Star in the Rock Star Program, learn more here: Rock Stars.

Have a great day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts