Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume isn't working with Connect

Volume isn't working with Connect

Hello everyone!

One of the features I liked that since the last update is that Spotify Connect can now control from PC a Mobile.

One issue I found with Connect is that volume isn't working.

I remember perfectly that before the update you could adjust the volume of the output device whilst using Connect.

Is this a bug?

Is it just me?

Anyone else experiencing this?

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

3 Replies

From what I've noticed, is that you can only control Spotify's volume if you are controlling the desktop app through connect.

For the mobile apps, Spotify uses the built in volume control for the device. I'm guessing that it is not possible to remote change the mobile device's volume over the cloud (connect) 

The desktop app has its own built in volume control separate from the operating system. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I used to adjust the volume on my devices, for example
I connected my iPad to my stereo system and I controlled it with Connect on my android phone.
I used the built in volume buttons on my phone while using the Spotify app and the volume of my IPad changed.
When I used Connect the the iPad created a temporary volume inside the app. (Apart from the iPad's overall volume)
This worked perfectly for me, but since the last Desktop update, Connect no longer controls volume in any way (PC controlling iPad, phone controlling iPad, viceversa, in any way)

I feel that this way a pretty useful feature, but I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this.

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Volume problem. I can not adjust from app. I have a Bluetooth speaker which comes on at full volume. Very annoying.  I can adjust on my iPhone manually. On my iPad when I want to turn down manually it will not turn down the volume. What happened to to the volume slider on the app????  

Suggested posts