Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume mutes and changes to random song

Volume mutes and changes to random song

Plan

Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

Acer Chromebook 11

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

I'll be listening to a playlist and suddenly my audio will cut out, so ill click on the web player, and my volume will be all the way down on the player, and a certain song will be playing. It's always the same song from a playlist called Duetschtrap that shows up in my recently listened to. I thought someone was hacking me so I clicked log out on all devices, and I changed my Facebook password and logged out of Facebook on all my devices. (I made my Spotify with Facebook) But when I log back in it will let me play a song or two then play that song and my sound will turn off. At this point, I'm pretty sure it's a glitch.

I never listen to that kind of music and it's getting very irritating, please help.

2 Replies

Hey @ionepailes,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to double-check, have you already tried updating your web browser? You can check and update it in the Help section of your browser’s menu. It'd also be good to log out your Spotify through the Web Player, clear your web browser's cache and, then, log back in.

Would you also mind accessing your account using the mobile app (you can download it here) to see if you can reproduce the issue or if it's specific to your Chromebook?

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same thing but on my mobile app. It's so annoying. Changed passwords 3 times and logged out of everything. Everything is fully up to date too 

Suggested posts