Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volvo Sensus app not downloading

Solved!

Volvo Sensus app not downloading

Plan

Premium

Country

Cyprus

Device

Volvo XC90

Operating System

sensus

My Question or Issue

I used to have Spotify on my Volvo, the app requested for an update, after the update the app icon disappeared. I tried to download the app again but once the installation starts it gets interrupted and I receive a pop up that the error has been sent. On the new apps tab page of Sensus, by pressing the arrow below Spotify to show additional information the size of Spotify is shown as 0.0 MB. All the other apps depict a size on the same screen. 

120 Replies

I got a reply from Volvo Sweden again today after asking for an update.

Swedish: 

Hej igen Jack,

Det visade sig att hitta en lösning för Spotify var lättare sagt än gjort.

Störningen pågår dessvärre fortfarande och våra tekniker arbetar på att ta fram en lösning.

Dessvärre har jag inte fått någon information om när lösningen beräknar släppas.

English:
Hi again Jack,

It turned out that finding a solution for Spotify was easier said than done. Unfortunately, the disturbance is still ongoing and our technicians are working on developing a solution.

Unfortunately, I have not received any information about when the issue will be resolved.

Its strange that they cannot upload the latest working version of the app and focus on testing the new one. It would be satisfying for everyone. 

XC90 / 2016

Strange ... Spotify app update loaded correctly on my XC90 (2017 modelyear, Netherlands) after the first report of a fix (see earlier in this forum) and continues to work properly. You’d assume that would be a global solution or at leadt fir all XC90 sensus. 

Have those with the 'spinning disc', and accessing the internet via Bluetooth on their phone, tried logging in when you have the Spotify app on you phone active and playing a track? When working properly you should see Volvo as one of the 'Devices Available.

Maybe coincidence, but I had the spinning disc for a while until I did this.

@Osprey2019 wrote:

Have those with the 'spinning disc', and accessing the internet via Bluetooth on their phone, tried logging in when you have the Spotify app on you phone active and playing a track? When working properly you should see Volvo as one of the 'Devices Available.

Maybe coincidence, but I had the spinning disc for a while until I did this.

I think when you do that the car isn't using the built-in app but just streaming the audio from your phone. When you activate the Spotify-app in the car you will see the track information but it won't be possible to access your library etc.

But I AM accessing the Volvo built-in app.  I have logged in, clicked on the app, and that is what I get. (You should be able to access your library anyway, as you have linked your accounts. I could do this pre-and post the last update).

BTW, Spotify can only run on one device per account/Login. So if you start it in the car, it will stop playing at home.  I am not entirely sure if this was the case before the update. You need a paid-for account as well, of course.

Some people on the Volvo forum seem to have had sucess overcoming the spnning disc by logging in with another user on a family account.  I wonder if it is a **bleep**-up in the policing the one-device-per-user aspect that is causing problems?

Its not that simple for me. After I uninstalled the app it’s still missing at the “new apps” section of “online updates”. I’m checking it every day / every two days.

XC90/2016/PL 

@TomaszM wrote:

Its not that simple for me. After I uninstalled the app it’s still missing at the “new apps” section of “online updates”. I’m checking it every day / every two days.

XC90/2016/PL 

I'm the same, I have contacted Volvo support UK again and I still haven't had a satisfactory resolution.

The same with my XC60 PL...

This is unbelievable!

hi, Emanuele from italy here : buy the xc40 on 26 june 2019, after 1 week spotify with circle sign...uninstall it, try to reinstall...nothing.

After a couple of days spotify disappear from sensus...i check al lot of time. Nothing.

Very upset !

Volvo XC60 - też nie mam Spotify w centrum aktualizacji Sensus

Everything is working in my V60 2019(Sweden) now. They've moved a couple things around but it all works just fine now.

ok thanks in a couple of minuts i'll try 🙂

Still no F* Spotify...

Yeah I'm the same it's not back on my system. Did you guys do anything like
reset your settings or did it just reappear in the new apps page?

Still nothing...

Still nothing here. Checked a while ago. 

XC90/2016/PL

I didn't do anything to get it working really. Im on vaccation so hadn't driven the car for a while but thats all. I hope it gets going for everyone else soon!

I don't know if anyone has tried this, but I did a factory reset back when
this issue first presented itself. A week later I was able to download the
app and have had it working flawlessly ever since.

**Please keep in mind I truly hope this works for the sum of people who are
still having this issue. I am not guaranteeing this will fix the issue for
you. I think this did the trick for me.**

In case you're wondering, I have a 2019 XC60 [Peru].

Suggested posts