Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WM 6.5] HTC HD2 (Windows mobile 6.5) not able to download app - Marketplace has closed for WM6

Solved!

[WM 6.5] HTC HD2 (Windows mobile 6.5) not able to download app - Marketplace has closed for WM6

m.spotify.com refer to Marketplace, but I'm not able to get it anylonger.

Plz change http://m.spotify.com to manual download !!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same problem.

Please enable the download outside of marketplace.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

? where to find the app o.o

Marked as solution

Marketplace for Windows Mobile 6.x is closed since 22.05.2012.

Where can i load your App now.

m.spotify.com won´t work

Marked as solution

I just re-installed my phone and unable to download spotify from anywhere as 'marketplace' has ceased ,unfortunately as a premium member I cannot use it on my phone .Hence going to cancel my membership.

Marked as solution

Nonsense support.

What's happen when you go with your mobile to m.spotify.com?

I think there is no option to download manually those apps, you are forced to update your phone...

Marked as solution

On Windows Mobile 6 there is no resstriction to install Programms from Internet.

So if I Had the install file, i can install. Must be somethink like this "spotify.cab" 

.cab is the File Type for installation files on Windoes Mobile 6

22 Replies
Marked as solution

Same problem.

Please enable the download outside of marketplace.

Marked as solution

? where to find the app o.o

Marked as solution

Marketplace for Windows Mobile 6.x is closed since 22.05.2012.

Where can i load your App now.

m.spotify.com won´t work

Marked as solution

I just re-installed my phone and unable to download spotify from anywhere as 'marketplace' has ceased ,unfortunately as a premium member I cannot use it on my phone .Hence going to cancel my membership.

I Have mailed with the Support

Windows Mobile 6 should no longer be supported.

They told me this:

Use google to find the app anywhere on the Internet.

Nice Support

Marked as solution

Nonsense support.

What's happen when you go with your mobile to m.spotify.com?

I think there is no option to download manually those apps, you are forced to update your phone...

m.spotify.com say use Marketplace, but the Marketplace for Windows Mobile was closed by Miocrosoft

That Handy that you say Work... the Lumia 800 is a Windows Phone 7 Handy not Windows Mobile 6

Yes, but as I know, there is no option to download apps to WP from Internet. If Marketplace is closed, there is no other way to download apps. So you should purchase another phone if Spotify is important. 😞

I use this way on my Handy:

Spotify1.png

Spotify2.png

Spotify3.png

You see no Download, just use Marketplace.

Marked as solution

On Windows Mobile 6 there is no resstriction to install Programms from Internet.

So if I Had the install file, i can install. Must be somethink like this "spotify.cab" 

.cab is the File Type for installation files on Windoes Mobile 6

I've uploaded the cab file I used (quite a while ago, so I'm not sure it's the most updated one) here: https://bit.ly/3njwPrW (Edit: replaced another dead link). Also attached here.

If anyone knows of a more recent version (for Windows Mobile 6.5), please share! 🙂

Thanks for posting a link to the cab.  I was able to upload it to my HTC Touch Pro 2, WinMo 6.5.  Unfortunately, it requires a premium account to log in.  So no free radio 😞  Can someone share the latest cab?

Thank you.

Hello,

Radio is currently only available on iOS devices at present. As Windows Mobile 6.5 has been discontinued, it may be hard to offer updates for this platform in the future.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Windows Phone, anyone?

Thank you so much I now have my spotify back and working, I just do not understand why spotify don't have this on their website to download, but thank you once again for passing this on to us. 🙂

thanks kudo, you're a hero! installed and working perfectly.

Thanks for the link update!

Long shot? Definitely. However, does anyone still have a link?

Well... I still have the file locally, but it seems Sendspace no longer allows sharing files without also supplying e-mail addresses (from and to). If you could point me to a service that still allows uploading and sharing of moderate-sized files, I'd upload it for you.

Suggested posts