Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Spotify on iPhone vs Windows Mobile? (Considering a switch to a WP8 phone)

[WP 7.5] Spotify on iPhone vs Windows Mobile? (Considering a switch to a WP8 phone)

Hi,

I am considering switching a Windows Phone 8 for my next phone and I am currently with an iPhone 4. I am a heavy spotify premium user and what I would like to know is:

- Is Spotify supported on the Windows Phone 8?

- Does the WP8 app deliver the exact same functionality as the iPhone app?

- Is there functionality missing?

- Is the WP8 app maintained and updated often? (similarly to how the iPhone app is)

- Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Hey there!

Yes, you should know this http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/All-Windows-Phone-bugs-in-one-threa...

I think they are woring with update, but don't wait too long - I switched to Anbdroid from Windows Phone.

Hello.

Currently, there is not an application designed for Windows Phone 8. There is one available for Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango, I believe it's also referred to), but from what I've heard, I don't think they are cross compatible.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I know this is late, but microsoft stated, that winphone8 will support most winphone 7.5 apps without the need of a app-update.

Well I've decided to wait for someone of my friends/collegues to buy a WP8 and see what's the situation with Spotify there. 🙂

Suggested posts