Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Why am I being told I need a premium account (409) on my windows phone?

[WP 7.5] Why am I being told I need a premium account (409) on my windows phone?

When I first got spotify on my phone it worked out perfect and now that I have loged out and then back in due to an offline issue I am now being told i need a premium account (409) when I try to long into spotify on my phone after uninstaling it and reinstaling it, but my boyfriend has the same phone and he dosent have this problem..

15 Replies

I have this same problem! First I had offline issues as well and now after uninstalling and reinstalling the application couple of times I can't log in at all. It says every time that I need a premium account.

do you have a premium account?

I'm having the exact same issue. Was working fine, just paid for another month, working fine on the laptop but not on the phone. Everytime I try to log in it says i need a premium account.

Can someone please look into this asap!

@billysaddler wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue. Was working fine, just paid for another month, working fine on the laptop but not on the phone. Everytime I try to log in it says i need a premium account.

Can someone please look into this asap!

I can see you definitely do have a Premium account Billy. Get in touch via our contact form and we'll look into what's going on here.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

wtf not fair why do androids get spotify for free and we don't so not fair

@MasterZero wrote:

wtf not fair why do androids get spotify for free and we don't so not fair

Android and iOS users of Spotify in the USA have access to the Radio function without needing a subscription, but in order to use the full range of features of Spotify on any mobile device, one would need a Premium account. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

exactly so why to Android and iOS users get free access to the Radio function and Windows phone users don't? A bit unfair and pointless to even have the app on Windows phone if that remains the case

@EthanM wrote:

exactly so why to Android and iOS users get free access to the Radio function and Windows phone users don't? A bit unfair and pointless to even have the app on Windows phone if that remains the case

The Windows Phone application does not have mobile radio is why it is not available. Neither does BlackBerry or Symbian!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

k... now that mobile devices can run all songs free on ios and andriod can windows get the update now and not need the premuim???

@akillaboy - Be sure to add your kudos to this ideas topic

Peter

I have same Problem. After 30 day Premium Rrail where I could play tunes OFFLINE on my Windows Phone.  After cancelling Premium, my account  shows FREE and No Devices.. When I try to log in on my Windows Phone I get message "PREMIUM ACCOUNT REQUIRED"." Uninstalling/reinstalling app results insame message.

Spotify Free on mobile devices is currently only supported on iOS and android @roguecowboy . Windows Phone still requires a Premium subscription currently.

Peter

Clearly i have the same problem so I guess just use pandora it's still free on windows phone

But we can't even see our play lists. For me I can't even get into the app...

Hello Peter, 

Any update on this issue? I STILL can't log in to Spotify on my WP a full year later. Are there any plans for a fix? Are there any plans to support this platform at all? 

Also, i find it a little hard to believe that i can run pandora, I hear radio and almost any other media app of the sort, but CAN NOT run the radio part of the spotify app? The phone CLEARLY supports the ability to stream radio over a network connection, so why are we not being given fair treatment here? The free songs and such are nice, but only for those that can actually log into there app. I can't even do that, so i see no benefit from any of it! 

Thank you! 

Brandon

Suggested posts