Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] copying local music to phone

Solved!

[WP 7.5] copying local music to phone

When I synch my HTC7 Win phone7 to my computer, I'd like to add my library of Metallica, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa and Tool, which are not available on Spotify...

When I add those specific playlists and make them available "Offline" - my phone has not one track available let alone listed.

Ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Spotify for Windows Phone does not support Local files at this time.

I do not know when this option will be available.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey,

Spotify for Windows Phone does not support Local files at this time.

I do not know when this option will be available.

oh that's TERRIBLE... 

What'st he point of being a premium member if you can't make your phone your default music player as well... 

*sigh* no plans? maybe for Win8 release... crap!

I do not know, I'm sorry, because I'm not Spotify employee. I'm tried to ask when WP get it's update, but no answerfrom Spotify.

So I believe, that no employees/coders working with this app just now.

Hey, add your kudos to this All Windows Phone bugs in one thread thread, if you want that Spotify fix those problems.

Let's hope that my thread will sit at home page on the community forever. Maybe then Spotify notice those problems.

I have added kudos to that thread (was number 😎

I am very close to cancelling now and going for a Zune pass as the app just isnt good enough tbh and its £1 less per month in the UK.

Thank you for Kudos.

I hope that we all can receive working app before Christmas. Smiley LOL

I change immediately when Zune will be available here in Finland... But for now no other service with good sound.

Everyone can help out, add Kudos to this All Windows Phone bugs in one thread.

Just to be clear on this, the rumour is that the Zune brand is disappearing although some if not all the Zune functionality may continue to exist under a different banner(s)

Microsoft killing Zune (Paul Thurrott)

If Zune doesn't appear on Windows Phone 8 then what will happen on existing Windows Phone 7 handsets? Good question

The future of Zune (speculation)

But this is Zune mp3?

I do not think Microsoft will remove Zune Music Pass (similar to Spotify Mobile)... If, this will be poor move. I would change in this minute to Zune Pass, but not available in Finland!

Hi hpguru,

I think we may be talking about the same thing in different terms. My point is that if the Zune Brand is dropped then there will likely not be a subscription service called Zune. The subscription service may well continue but in another guise even, and this is pure guesswork, being incorporated into something else like the XBox 'brand' for instance. We do know that there will not be any PC software called Zune on Windows 8 so what will replace it if anything for Windows phone 7 users?

You never know, if you have XBox services in Finland and Zune subscription becomes part of XBox branding then you may get your subscription wish. Microsoft are not letting a lot of information out at the moment so it's all speculation anyway.

Regards

Doing some follow up with this issue.  

I'm guessing you tried this, but can I just confirm that you were syncing the tracks over Wi-Fi and not over 3G?

You'll need to connect both your desktop computer and your mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network to make your local files available on mobile device.  Be double sure the desktop is connected to your router via Wi-Fi and not with a cable. 

Thanks for the Reply Rorey...

I had it plugged in to the same PC and my external drive was plugged in, with the appropriate music on it. It wasn't over WiFi nor 3G and when I drove to work there we no Metallica, Pink Floyd, Tool or Frank Zappa songs available in my specially made playlist .

They were available on my home compture within the app with reference to the files directly.

Will it work via Skydrive or Google Drive as a shaing folder?

Am I understanding correct that you attempted to connect the device to your computer directly via cable?  If so, you'll need to sync via Wi-Fi (normally).

To my embarrassment, I've just discovered syncing local files is not possible on the Windows 7 Phone app.  My lack of perfect knowledge in this area is due to my using Android personally.

We'll post an announcement in the community as soon as the Windows Phone has an update available. Hopefully, this feature will be available then. 

Sorry, but as I know, Desktop app does not support Windows Phone...

So I downloaded content to Offline via 3G and Wifi at test, but too slow on both. If even worked.

Now Android.

Suggested posts