Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP] Spotify for Windows Phone in AU marketplace?

Solved!

[WP] Spotify for Windows Phone in AU marketplace?

Hi there. I'm trialling spotify following your announcement that you're entering the australian market (woohoo!! Thanks!).

I want to try the WP7 app on my phone but it's not available in the AU marketplace. Are you in the process of publishing to AU? Coming soon? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Does this finnish marketplace link work at all?

http://www.windowsphone.com/fi-FI/apps/ca8d6603-a9ae-4a05-8643-baad091ecdd1

App is awaiting Microsoft approvation, so in your country it will be available today.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

so this is interesting - when you search on the phone, it's still not showing up. When you search on the web marketplace, it shows up, and can be installed. My guess is that the phone caches search results, and the cache isn't refreshing quick enough. Oh well. Got it now anyway!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

...ditto - the Windows Marketplace doesn't show Spotify as an app available to us in Australia.... not sure if thats a Spotify admin oversight, or a delay with Windows Phone Marketplace config change? 

Hello there. If recall correctly, the last time we launched in a country (Hi Germany!), that it took a little while for the application to appear in the Windows Phone marketplace. Hopefully it should be up within 24 hours.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks David, I will try WP7 marketplace again tomorrow.... Now to set up the Squeezebox 🙂

Hi David, that's good news as the app doesn't appear to be available in New Zealand either.  I'll try again tomorrow also 🙂

Not available in the NZ marketplace either.. Shame. Hopefully will be up soon.

Marked as solution

Does this finnish marketplace link work at all?

http://www.windowsphone.com/fi-FI/apps/ca8d6603-a9ae-4a05-8643-baad091ecdd1

App is awaiting Microsoft approvation, so in your country it will be available today.

A day and a half and still waiting. Is this Microsofts fault or Spotifys? My wife has it on her iPhone, I'm a bit bemused at why it should take so long. Surely if MS want the best apps and users they'd help this along? Dissapointing really. If Apple can sort it out then surely MS can. Rant over.

Works ! After a bit of Finnish translation, and manual install email links from MS, it actually led me to install the app from the Australian market place. The app is still not accessible via marketplace search thou.. Thanks!

Copy of the MS instructions, with link to be opened on the WP7 handset you want to install Spotify on.... Thanks for requesting Spotify from the Windows Phone Marketplace! Here's how to download and install this app: Clicking the link below will take you to the details for the app inside Marketplace. zune://navigate/?phoneappID=ca8d6603-a9ae-4a05-8643-baad091ecdd1 When prompted, tap the 'Install' button. Your app will begin downloading. Once the download is complete, you can find your app in the app list. Enjoy the app and thanks again for visiting the Windows Phone Marketplace!

I was informed recently that it might actually take 48 hours for it to appear, so I apologise for stating that it should be up within 24 yesterday.

I imagine this submission process may take a similar certification process like Apple's App Store, so hopefully everything will go smoothly and will appear promptly. If not, I'll chase down someone who knows and see what I can find out.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Got it, thanks! 

Had to hack the reg to get marketplace back on the desktop by using this link though:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-bring-back-windows-phone-marketplace-in-zune-hack/

Thanks everyone.

Communities rule!

@David wrote:
I was informed recently that it might actually take 48 hours for it to appear, so I apologise for stating that it should be up within 24 yesterday.

I imagine this submission process may take a similar certification process like Apple's App Store, so hopefully everything will go smoothly and will appear promptly. If not, I'll chase down someone who knows and see what I can find out.

Why you not send this app to Microsoft 48 hours before launch?

Its showing up in the NZ marketplace now 🙂

Marked as solution

so this is interesting - when you search on the phone, it's still not showing up. When you search on the web marketplace, it shows up, and can be installed. My guess is that the phone caches search results, and the cache isn't refreshing quick enough. Oh well. Got it now anyway!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Suggested posts