Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WP users pay the same, receive subpar service

WP users pay the same, receive subpar service

I realize that the platform is not as popular as Android. It is, however, more popular than iOS in a lot of places around the world. And yet, the WP app and its features are crap compared those on Android and iOS. I don't understand why we have to pay the same exact subscription fee, given that you're only providing half the features and bitrate (160 vs 320kbps) they get.

I'm a Premium subscriber and all I want is to be able to sync my music at the highest possible quality. I can't do that. Are there any updates planned for the WP at all or is this it? It'd be really nice to know.

3 Replies

Thre's a bunch of posts in the ideas section regarding WP8 support. Without doubt an updated WP8 app is much needed.

And what good is the ideas section going to do us, honestly? What most of the WP related stuff in there boils down to is: give us the same set of features iOS/Android users enjoy. The ideas have existed for several months now at the very least and have been successfully realized, they just need to be implemented across all platforms equally - that's it.

Last updated:

• iOS: 29 November 2013
  • Android: 18 December 2013
  • Windows Phone: 12 July 2013

It's also worth mentioning that it seems like WP7.x and WP8 are receiving separate updates. The former seems to have not been updated for much longer. While understandable, considering WP7.x devices are no longer being sold, , this is not exactly standard practice, as competing services keep their WP7.x apps updated.

Does it look to you like anything is being done about the requests in the ideas section?

Support for Windows Phone 7.x devices on Spotify officially ended when Windows Phone 8 was released - that application will receive no further updates.

Unfortunately, Spotify have never considered Windows Phone as equal to the others in the mobile landscape, the majority of the bugs from the old Windows Phone 7.x version are still in the Windows Phone 8 application.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts