Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Music Quality Settings

Solved!

[WP8] Music Quality Settings

Hi,

I have been noticing that the "music quality" settings are not saved properly most of the times. Whenever the app starts, either from the app icon or from the background, it resets both the streaming and download quality to "normal". As a premium user, I find this annyoing because I don't know if I'm receving the preferred quality I set especially when downloading offline playlists.

I'm using the latest Spotify version - 3.0.0.1 in Lumia 1520.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The version that I said earlier was the one displayed on the Windows Phone Marketplace. I looked it up in the app settings and it has the same version - 3.0.5246.30620.

I have tried re-installing the app and no luck. I have tried installing it in the phone memory instead of the SD storage and finally, it worked just right. Offline syncing, online streaming, music quality selection, and other features are all working properly. I think the app becomes really unstable and unusable once it is moved to SD storage. I hope this will be fixed in future updates so I can make use of my larger SD space. Still, I might say, that the WP version is lagging far behind from other platforms such as in Android in terms of features.

Thanks for the reply. I almost moved to Deezer because I thought this app is a whole mess. I'm going back to Spotify Premium.

Henry Jr.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I got a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone a few days ago. The 1st thing I did was set the sound quality to extreme. I've just checked the settings and it's still on extreme for both download and streaming so I guess it's not a universal issue. 

My app version is 3.0.5246.30620 so maybe you don't have the very latest version. I've also updated my phone to whatever is latest which I think is Lumia Black. Look under Settings/ extras+info

I do wish WP had 'Your Music' like the PC and Android app.

Aidan 

Marked as solution

The version that I said earlier was the one displayed on the Windows Phone Marketplace. I looked it up in the app settings and it has the same version - 3.0.5246.30620.

I have tried re-installing the app and no luck. I have tried installing it in the phone memory instead of the SD storage and finally, it worked just right. Offline syncing, online streaming, music quality selection, and other features are all working properly. I think the app becomes really unstable and unusable once it is moved to SD storage. I hope this will be fixed in future updates so I can make use of my larger SD space. Still, I might say, that the WP version is lagging far behind from other platforms such as in Android in terms of features.

Thanks for the reply. I almost moved to Deezer because I thought this app is a whole mess. I'm going back to Spotify Premium.

Henry Jr.

Hi!

However this question marked as solved i hope this "bug" will be fixed. I have the same problem with wp 8.1. If i install spotify on sdcard the quality always falls back to normal.

Suggested posts