Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Now playing / current track is lost / reset between sessions

[WP8] Now playing / current track is lost / reset between sessions

When stopping the music (I usually do this by pulling the headphone plug), the Spotify app forgets (at least after a period of time) what playlist/track was last playing. It is incredibly annoying having to browse to the playlist and restart it every time the app is used. It also means that in large playlists I often listen only to the first few songs over and over because I don't remember where in the playlist I stopped listening the last time so I can manually restart from there.

The strangest thing is that the live tile may display the cover image of the track last played, but when I tap the tile the app seems to restart, clearing the info of what track was last playing!

I saw this as one bullet in a suggestion thread http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/WP8-Improvements-for-the-app/m-p/272004#M..., but I think it is a separate bug because it works on Android. It used to be a bug on Android as well but was fixed 1-2 years ago, after annoying the hell out of me for quite some time.

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

OS Version: 8.0.10211.204

Connection: 3G/WIFI, but set to Offline Mode

Error messages: None

1 Reply

Hey there.

Thanks for your post.

Can you try does clean reinstall help? If not, this could be bug then...

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts