Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Songs randomly skip to next over bluetooth

Solved!

[WP8] Songs randomly skip to next over bluetooth

Tracks randomly skip when listening to spotify over bluetooth.

This happens on my WP8 app and my wife's iphone 5 spotify app. We each have premuim accounts, and when we try to stream to our spotify music to our bluetooth speakers or to our car's bluetooth stereo system we experience this. 

When streaming Spotify to Bluetooth, some songs will randomly skip to next track for no apparent reason. I haven't been able to find a pattern or common thread, other than Bluetooth. At first I thought maybe "shake to shuffle" or something like that was enabled, but I can't find that option listed anywhere.

I can't say that it's a WPH8 spotify beta problem, becasue it happens on iOS 6.1 as well. Nor is it the bluetooth of my car, becasue it happens in my wife's VW and on our Geneva speaker in our kitchen. Hope this helps, or let me know if I can provide any other information. Thanks. 

JD

Super user edit - Added subject tag 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I edited your topic to include the subject tag - please see the thread regarding posting guidelines in this forum 🙂

I don't believe bluetooth streaming is fully supported on any mobile app - please don't quote me on this however 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, I edited your topic to include the subject tag - please see the thread regarding posting guidelines in this forum 🙂

I don't believe bluetooth streaming is fully supported on any mobile app - please don't quote me on this however 🙂

Thanks....

I've had this same problem. Really annoying. Hopefully this gets fixed on the next update... I've contemplated cancelling my premium service because of this.

I have tried several of the well known apps with my iPhone5 using bluetooth and Spotify is the only one that skips terribly making listening a pain.  I just signed up for the premium service because I really liked the features but I mainly use it in the car via bluetooth and this bug is a killer for me and I will cancel my subscription and stick with iHeart, Slacker or sigh Pandora. Bluetooth works great with these apps.

If they fix the Bluetooth functions in their apps I will be back in a heartbeat. The Premium cost does not bother me, just make it work!!

I am in the market for a new aftermarker indash stereo. I was looking at one with both bluetooth and a front USB port, a Pioneer. I almost bought it yesterday, I am glad I didn't. I am concerned that Spotiy might not work with it. I use an iPhone 5. I don't mind plugging into the USB my only concern is that Spotify will work, I will not use Pandora. I also like to stream Wolfgang's Vault.... is there an auto stereo that will work for me? It is confusing...

JB

I have been using Spotify for well over a year with Blue tooth speakers and never had a problem - now the songs play for a little while then skip to another song. Something changes as I never had this once happen across 6 different bluetooth devices and 4 different bluetooth speakers.

This needs to be resolved or I am def. cancelling my premium service.

Suggested posts