Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Spotify Gone offline? Reinstall and login - "need a premium account". Login Error 409

[WP8] Spotify Gone offline? Reinstall and login - "need a premium account". Login Error 409

I have an HTC Window 8x phone. I installed the Spotify mobile app and was enjoying listing to music with it until recently. The Spotify app reported was offline. I couldn't see how to get it be online again. In settings, I switched between between on and offline, and the app still reported this it was offline.

Then, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app. Logging in now, I get the message that I need a premium account and I am locked out there and have to exit the app.

I don't have a Spotify Premium account.

The specific error,

Login failed

You need a premium account (409)

???

Thanks.

[Super user edit - tagged title]

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Sorry if this is a silly question, but do you have a premium subscription?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello back. Thanks for the nice welcome.

No, I don't have a premium subscription. I've been using Spotify for a while on my desktop, and just started using it on my Windows 8x HTC phone. Was enjoying it on the phone, then this.

Thanks.

Hey again 🙂 

Unfortunately, that is why you have lost access on the device.

Spotify usage on any mobile device requires a Premium subscription (free users in the USA can have access to free mobile radio, but it is not a supported feature on WP8), however, you where probably given a 48 hour trial when you first logged in on a mobile device, which explains why you where able to use the service. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts