Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wear OS: Podcast playlist missing buttons, missing playlist items

Wear OS: Podcast playlist missing buttons, missing playlist items

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

TicWatch E3

Operating System

Wear OS

My Question or Issue

Good Morning,

I use the offline functionality of the Spotify Wear OS app to listen to podcasts while running. I have a dedicated playlist and before my run I fill it with two to three podcasts on my phone. 

I then go to my watch where I download the complete playlist to my watch. This works sufficiently well.

However:

1) When I play a podcast from the playlist, I cannot skip to the next or previous podcast in my playlist. I only have the 15 seconds forward or backward buttons.

2) When I tap on the playlist on my watch, it says: 0 Songs, 3 hrs 17 minutes, with the image of the  first podcast as icon above and below it the name of the playlist with the play button (and shuffle icon in small). Below that the function " Remove from Watch" but no reference to the individual podcasts contained in the playlist!

Is this a bug or am I missing something? many thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @metSpekjes,

Thanks for the post!

Currently this is how the Wear OS app works for podcasts. You can only skip +/- 15 sec. 

What you can try is to add each podcast episode to a different playlist to download on your watch, or download individual podcast episodes.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts