Premium

Country

DE

Device

Web (Chromium)

Operating System

Win 10 x64

My Question or Issue

On nearly every Platform (Win, Andro, iOS) gapless playback is implemented but the Web Player is missing. 

On some of my devices at work I'm not allowed to install any app - so i have to use Spotify Web Player. This lacks of gapless playback. So please implement Gapless Playback in Spotify Web Player.

If you, for example, listening to Pink Floyds The Wall (Songs: Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 1, The Happiest Day of our lives, Another Brick in the wall Pt. 2) you will get what I mean.

1 Reply

Interesting that hardly anyone notices and/or cares for this issue. I tried to listen to a complete Wagner Ring cycle in the web player the other day, and it wasn't gapless, so I had to switch to the desktop app in order to enjoy it. As far as I know, the playback on the Android app is gapless, too, but I could not test it yet myself. I guess it is caused by the different audio formats: AAC/MP4 in the web player, Ogg Vorbis in the other apps. I think AAC can be gapless though, maybe it has to do with the MP4 file container which should be trimmable to gapless as well.

Maybe this should be posted as an idea instead of a help request? On the other hand it might get closed due to not enough votes after a while.

Suggested posts