Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Can't rearrange songs in specific playlist.

[Web Player] Can't rearrange songs in specific playlist.

Hi all! Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any info about this issue in particular.

Title pretty much covers it; it's really weird because changing the track order in any other playlist works fine. I've done some of the things suggested online, like trying in an incognito window, different browsers (Opera, Firefox, Chrome) etc. I even went as far as to remove all extensions, clear cookies and everything else on Chrome. Still nothing. It only works on the desktop app (Win10).

I'd appreciate any kind of help with this, I'm honestly out of ideas as to what to do next 😕

Currently on a free plan if that matters. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Hey there @pink-lemonade

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if this is happening with a playlist you created?

On another note, we suggest that you reinstall your browser and check if that makes the difference. 

Additionally, could you check if the issue persists in the desktop app or on a different device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey! It was a playlist I created, yes. The issue was web player *and* playlist specific, on all three browsers I mentioned. I could rearrange songs on the desktop app just fine. 

I don't really know what changed (as in, I tried nothing else) but it seems to have fixed itself. There are no problems with the playlist now; maybe it was just a temporary bug.

I will try reinstalling the browser if this happens again, but for now, it seems that leaving said playlist alone did the trick. 

Still, thanks a lot for your response. Have a nice day!

Hi @pink-lemonade,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts