Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Cant rearrange songs on my playlist

[Web Player] Cant rearrange songs on my playlist

I added a new song on my playlist and I wanted to move that song up but its stuck at the bottom. Some songs can move up or down but the rest can't. 

7 Replies

Hey there @labul011,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry for the late reply, we're happy to help you.

Is it a specific playlist or multiple playlists this occurs on?

We'd recommend starting off by giving this a try in an incognito window or using a different browser.

It might be a good idea to use a different network and turn off your VPN if you're using one.

Also if the issue persists - it would be great if you can provide us with a screen recording. It will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

Keep us posted. Well have an eye open for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It a deficiency of web-player for a while. We couldn't do it on Android until recently, I think it took them about 6 years to implement it.

However it appears to have been implemented now and I was able to drag the song.

But I couldn't get the playlist to "scroll" as I dragged it, so I had to drop it where it was still in view, then scroll down a bit and repeat until it finally got where I wanted.

Being able to "sub" a wrong track in a playlist is certainly a feature I would like to see, and for this to keep the play-queue exactly as it is other than the track you sub. So often "it" gives you a remix or live version you didn't want.

("It" being the playlist builder, which isn't actually Spotify itself).

You know I found out it rearranges now 😀 but I'll keep you posted just in case happens again. 

I'm back after a few weeks and the problem is back but this time it kind of works  if I refresh my browser.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rMMNFYxM1QU8C6jIsMvvFO-meXckOy2c/view?usp=sharing 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

It might be worth trying to log out and back in the web player. Also if you're not seeing a change you make in your playlist immediately, try refreshing the page. Playlist alterations like moving/deleting songs should become visible then.

This is due to the nature of the web player.

Hope this info was helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

SO, basically it can't change immediately?

Hi again @labul011,

Thanks for your reply.

Some of the playlist changes take more time than other. For example if you add/remove songs from a playlist that won't be visible immediately.

The speed with which your Library is updated in the Web player depends on the browser and the speed of your internet connection.

Hope this clears thing up.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts