Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Disconnecting Intermittently

Web Player Disconnecting Intermittently

Hi, all. I've been having an issue with the Web Player (used on Chrome) for a couple of weeks now. In the middle of streaming, it will drop off and show an error message saying that it's not connected (and is trying to connect) to the Internet. Wifi connection is stronger than ever and no other browsing has been affected. 

I've also noticed that when I try to play anything while it's having one of its moments, it won't play a song right away, or will skip to another song and then start playing that one. Sometimes I'll watch it go through 5+ songs before finally settling on one to play. 

I've attached a photo (because of course my PrintScreen button decided to stop working at this exact moment) of the error message I'm getting. 

Please be advised that I can't make any changes to the Wifi network, nor can I make any *big* changes to the computer itself. If it's a matter of the antivirus blocking it or something like that, I'll just have to live with it. But if anyone can think of any easy/quick troubleshooting I can try, let me know! Thank you. 

unnamed.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @racheleweiher! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

Have you tried to clear your browser cache/cookies?

Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Yes - I have also logged on in an incognito window and still get the same error. Thank you for the suggestion!

I also have this problem. Although I would say it was worse than intermittent. I'd say it was disconnecting and showing that same message the majority of the time. I have to wonder why I'm paying for a premium service when I spend most of my time waiting for it to connect.

Anybody here come up with a solution for this issue?

Has this been resolved? I am having this issue as well. Spotify will work for a couple songs and then it will state "Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now..." all while it is skipping songs in the background. Once I refresh, it will work again for a few songs and then stop again.

Suggested posts