Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Issue: Web Player freezes on long opened tab

Solved!

[Web Player] Issue: Web Player freezes on long opened tab

I dont use  Spotify app on Windows  because i dont like  too many open windows  on my pc , and keeping an open Web Player tab  is perfect for me. 

But there is an issue.   If i keep Web Player tab open  for a day or two - it freezes . Doesnt respond to play , and other buttons.  

This is really annoying because i have to constantly (every few days)  refresh the page to continue listening . And this happens every time : i go to the tab,  click to continue play - page doesnt respond. .  I have to  refresh. 

I have been using other music app before, and this stuff was fixed.

Please fix this !!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Seems like it was fixed by the team.  Thanks!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Pablo321,

Thanks for the post.

This is expected behavior, as web pages need to be refreshed periodically as some of the content on the page times out. This can also cause cache cluttering and we don't recommend it.

What you can try is to clear the cache on your browser. This might help with the webpage freezing and becoming unresponsive.

Hope this info helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thx for reply Alex!

This is NOT normal, that  Web Player needs to be refreshed so often!  Today i've been listening to music, and in the evening (!) player again became "frozen" !

Its not normal because what type of data becomes so stale , that every day it needs PAGE refresh ?  

I do not log out (session stays the same ) , even if i refresh my playlist from other device,  isnt it possible to fetch the stream (song) , playlist (if its stale) and continue playing in a matter of seconds ?  Isnt it better than frustrate the user with unworking buttons to proceed with page refresh ? I dont see a real technical challenge here - to implement it, i dont see why data becomes so stale - it needs page refresh instead of background refetch !

As i've said , i used other apps (i do not promote them) ,but there - it was working fine !! 

Guys please fix it.

Hey @Pablo321

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve our users' experience. 

For now, we'd suggest following @Alex's recommendation and make sure to clear your browser's cache regularly as this could help.

Once again, thanks for your comments. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Marked as solution

Seems like it was fixed by the team.  Thanks!!

Hey @Pablo321,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

We're glad to know that everything is working well by now. We appreciate the time you took reporting this issue.

In case any other users of this thread still have this issue, we'd recommend updating your browser to its latest version.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts