Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Malfunctions

Web Player Malfunctions

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this error, but I deal with it at least two or three times a day. After long periods of use in the web player, I've noticed that the web player will start to crap out on me. I'm talking like, 4-5 hours of continuous use, but the problem exists. This is a daily occurence for me. I'll get into work, log in to spotify, and sometime around midday the web player begins to act... weird. Slow loading pages. Failed loading pages. Music ceases to play, or album art starts to lag. Pause/play begins to be delayed, and track switching is also extremely delayed. I don't know if this is even an issue that someone would want to look into, but I wanted someone other than myself to be aware of it, if no one else is. In order to get the web player to begin acting properly I have to completely shut down my browser and re-open. A refresh just doesn't seem to do the trick. This is not a game breaking issue, of course. More just a peculiar annoyance that I wanted to get out into the public. 

Psichi 

2 Replies

Hi,

Thanks for the report. We'd like to look into this issue, and we would really appreciate if you could provide us with a little bit more information, like the browser you're using, the browser version, and your operating system.

Thanks,

Mark

Of course. I'm on a Mac using OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.3 and I typically use Google Chrome, in an Incognito window, and my work computer is currently using Version 43.0.2357.81 of Chrome. If there's any more information you need, I'll happily provide you with it. As I mentioned, this is a work computer, and I don't use the web player anywhere else but here. It may just be this computer, or it could be any number of things. Thank you for taking the time to look into this. 

Psichi

Suggested posts