Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] No JRE podcast episodes will play on web player. Everything else works fine.

[Web Player] No JRE podcast episodes will play on web player. Everything else works fine.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Windows 10 PC

My Question or Issue

The web player refuses to play any Joe Rogan Experience episodes. Instead it tries to play, fails, then jumps to another random episode in the catalog, fails again and repeats. Every other podcast and song plays absolutely fine. The Rogan podcasts refuse to play at all. They work on the desktop and mobile app but the web app is the only way i can get an acceptable video size.

Please fix this and also please fix the god awful video experience. If im watching a video podcast i do not need 95% of the rest of the interface covered with albums. I want a youtube sized video player with theater mode that is contained within the spotify window. I want a windowed fullscreen. Not a 'cover everything' fullscreen.

Currently having a thumbnail sized video OR an entire full screen removes every reason why i want to watch a podcast. I would say the absolute majority of video podcast viewers watch it whilst doing something else. Your obnoxious implementation of fullscreen or nah just completely ruins it. Hence why rogan fans are just watching clips on youtube or pirating old episodes and not migrating to your platform. Its almost as if you dont really understand the podcast space and how your users consume content in the slightest.

Ive been a user since the original beta in '09 and a premium member for as long as you've had the plan and I really am very very annoyed that its been over 6 months since JRE moved to spotify and it still has problems on a daily basis. Not to mention the ads im forced to listen to despite paying for the podcast already. 

3 Replies

Hey there @jpjapers

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if the issue persists using an incognito window or a different browser?

Additionally, in case you're using a VPN, we suggest turning it off.

On another note, it seems also that some other users feel the way you do about the video size in podcasts and went ahead and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon  as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

Thanks for your reply. I did try in Edge and in incognito and it still happens unfortunately. I was using a VPN but even disabling it gives the same issue and would it not also have an effect on desktop too?

Its great that you're listening to the users on the video content however i disagree that the vote system is the way to prioritise it considering how bad of an experience the current player is, its obvious to me that something needs to be done regardless of whether it gets enough votes. I havent seen anyone giving positive feedback on it. That should be enough to satisfy the need to change it surely?

Hey @jpjapers

Thanks for your quick reply.

In this case, we recommend checking your firewall and and making sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Also, could you try if the issue persists using Google Chrome?

On another note, the Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. We recommend checking out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts