Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Only Partially Loads

Solved!

Web Player Only Partially Loads

I use the web player nearly daily without any issues, but today I have encountered an issue. It happened when I opened a second web player through a second tab on Google Chrome while searching the internet for music to add to a playlist.

After this occurred the "Connect to a Device" changed the option from "Spotify Web Player" to "Web Player (Chrome)", but more than that when I open my playlist page, only a portion of my playlists are visible and there is a sprinning loading wheel at the bottom of the page as if it's trying to load the rest, but it never successfully does. Also I have noticed that the Scroll Bars are now missing from the pane.

I have tried logging out, closing the tab, closing the browser, emptying my cookies and cache, and even restarting my machine without any success. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Logging in today I noticed that the problem didn't exist for me anymore. All my playlists are loading completely. I think the Spotify developers solved this problem overnight.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have the exact same problem in every way. It's happening on my iMac in Chrome and in Firefox, and on my PC in all  browsers as well. It's defintiely a new issue with the Web Player, on Spotify's end. Add this to the fact that we can no longer queue songs on the Web Player... they're trying to kill it off for some reason 😞 

Same issue here, my albums and artists saved list only shows a portion and when I try to scroll down to see the rest it shows the loading symbol but never actually loads the rest. This just happened earlier today, never had problems like this before with the web browser. I've tried switching browsers, clearing cache, using the desktop app, but to no avail. This is really irritating, I really want to know that it's not my problem and something wrong on Spotify's end...

Oh, I did a quick search for duplicate threads before I posted mine and I guess I missed this one. Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue though!

I'm having this problem too, but not in Chrome. It's the same experience across Firefox and Edge. The web player is only loading the first 50 playlists.

Marked as solution

Logging in today I noticed that the problem didn't exist for me anymore. All my playlists are loading completely. I think the Spotify developers solved this problem overnight.

Suggested posts