Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player][Other] Stopping of Random Pauses

[Web Player][Other] Stopping of Random Pauses

There needs to be something done with the Spotify Web Player for laptops. On my phone I do not encounter my music pausing every 5-10 seconds and sometimes 30 seconds. I have re-downloaded the app and deleted it in hopes of it fixing this problem. It has been an issue for years and based on similar posts, no one has done anything to fix the issue. It makes it hard to want to use spotify, even if the issue is only on my laptop. 

2 Replies

Hey @AnnaBanana59

That seems strange. Which browser are you using? It might help to try and clear it's cache, have you tried that?

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @AnnaBanana59,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Sometimes data in your browser can cause such behavior. An easy way to avoid this is using a private or incognito browser window. This page has all the instructions on how to open one. If the web player works properly afterwards, you can delete the cache and cookies as @MauriceMV mentioned. If you are using VPN you should also deactivate it.

If that doesn't fix things you can share your browser and it's exact version and we'll happily look into this further.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts