Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player][Playlists] Stop restricting the suggest songs feature on playlists

[Web Player][Playlists] Stop restricting the suggest songs feature on playlists

One of spotify's best selling points is how it lets you discover new songs. It's what drew me personally to Spotify and it's the sole reason I stay. 

The suggest song feature is one way it does that. At the bottom of every song with less than 15 songs the AI shows a refreshable list of five songs that are relevant to the genre of the playlist. This is a terrific feature and it's severely underutilized.

Firstly, I see no reason why it should only be limited to only playlists with less than 15 songs. When you get past that threshold the feature just vanishes and that's incredibly frustrating as so far, it's been my main source of new and relevant songs. 

Playlist radio is not an equivalent feature to it as it contains songs that are already in the playlist. In fact, it's worse with larger playlists since that means there's more songs that are already in the playlist which means more skipping to find newer songs.

The aim should be to find completely new songs and the suggest feature does a fantastic job at it. It could be used for so much more. 

3 Replies

Hey there @Azharehd,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

We tested this from our end, but the recommended songs appear in all playlists regardless of how many songs they have. In this case, could you let us know if the same thing happens when you use the desktop app? 

You could also give it a try using a different account just to see if you notice the same behavior. You can create a new account here in case you don't have any other for testing purposes.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Huh, I never thought this could be a bug and not a feature. My mistake.

The issue was that some playlists lost the recommendations feature as they
got larger on the desktop app, while other smaller playlists retained that
feature.

I just checked the browser app and sure enough, all my playlists have
recommendations.

Thanks! Please fix the desktop app's error

Hi @Azharehd,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. If you're using Windows, make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

In case that the issue persists after these steps, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end so we can take a closer look? Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts