Premium

Country

USA

Device

Acer Chromebook 14

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

Reposting this since https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Chromebook-Song-stops-randomly/m-p/4780289 was wrongfully marked as solved.

When playing Spotify tracks in the web player (only option for Chrome OS, yes happens in the PWA as well), every track will stop for 3-5 seconds 9 seconds into the track.

This does not happen on my Android device on the same network, even when I clear the local storage to make sure it's streaming from the network. It only happens when I use the web player on Chrome OS. I could try as well with my Macbook web player tomorrow if that's desired.

To be clear, I do not exaggerate when I say every single track will pause at 9 seconds. This is reproducible at a 100% rate on my machine.

31 Replies

I have had this problem for ages and am a premium player/payer!  I do not listen to Spotify as much as I used to because of this stop every nine seconds. I have done EVERYTHING you and the community have recommended to no avail. I honestly feel Spotify does not care all that much when the problem has anything to do with chrome books.  I have an Acer  Chromebook 15  CB3-532 -Version 78.0.3904.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) -  I have been a Spotify member for too many years to count. I really wish this issue would be taken seriously as well as many issues for those of us who are chrome book owners. This problem as well as not being able to edit or rename a playlist are just two examples of what i think should be an easy fix but, isn't important enough for Spotify to bother with. I've been looking at other sites as I feel I am paying for an item that does not work as it should.  I am starting to feel foolish paying 120.00 yearly (approx) for a product that does not work as it should. If I purchase anything and after using it for a few weeks or months and it no longer works properly, I get my money back or exchange for product that does work as it should every time I use it.  I resent all the years I have spent making play lists I love but cannot rename a single one!  Nor can I listen to anything without a 9 second interruption on any and everything I try to listen to. I want to love Spotify - I just want Spotify to love ALL its members equally. Chromebook owners should have the same quality and help that other non chrome book members have access too. Please Spotify start helping and FIXING the problems  chrome book users deal with everyday.   

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this!

This seems to be the same issue as the one described by users in this thread.

Since this appears to be related to users' individual network settings, we suggest that you reach out to your network admin.

We've provided an official response in the above-mentioned thread which you can check out.

Thanks again for your patience! Take care 🙂

Hi Peter, 

Multiple users in this thread have explained that the issue is NOT their network. Referring us to our network provider is not a solution. I started experiencing this issue on my Chromebook today AGAIN. Stops exactly at 9 seconds regardless of whether I am using the Android app or the web player. However everything is fine in the desktop version or web player on my work PC. Both my Chromebook and my work PC are connected to the same network. 

Premium subscriber, running Chrome version 78.0.3904.106 

I enabled smooth scrolling and it worked! Thanks!!!

Insanely, Milez's solution appears to be working. Not sure why those flags would affect this behavior, but this should be a good clue for the Spotify devs. And devs: this is very clearly not a network issue, it is a software issue.

Thanks Milez!

No sir this is not a network issue! I am sick and tired of trying to work with your team on an actual resolution to a known persistent problem that's been affecting so many spotify users (specifically spotify chromebook users predominantly in the US) for almost a year now. This has been clearly documented in this community. Everytime I come back for an update I read your same unhelpful thoughtless answers. And we're not talking about a free product either, we are actual paying customers! All you can say is the same old baloney about a network issues, seriously? I travel for work (in IT actually) and I'm on different networks all the time in different regions, yet it's the same problem everywhere so quit treating your users like idiots and fix this issue before you lose customers faster than Chromebooks are gaining market share.

Thanks a lot this fixed my problem!

(on Acer Chromebook R11)

No problem! 😄

So you're going to just keep ignoring everyone telling you that it isn't a network issue. talk about some shitty customer service.

So thus far it seems that my solution has been working out for most of you, and I am glad to hear that. It's amazing to know I've helped so many people with this solution to this problem, and I am glad to hear your feedback. However I am typing this out to the Devs of Spotify. Please find a proper way to fix this issue. Stop talking about how it is a network issue when we have proven time and time again it isn't. Fix it.

Milez!! You are our night in shining armour! I was going to throw my computer down the hallway after months of this problem. Spotify moderators and developers should be ashamed they have not addressed this issue and only blame network admins.

Basically, if you don't have NetFlix and Spotify these days, you probably don't have a computer. This web player and app should work perfectly! This is the music which is the soundtrack of our lives and the reliability of how it is played should be a priority so thanks again 🙂

it doens't say new tab loading animation on mine because I think the post is a bit dated, just search " new tab animation " and click whichever one comes up ( doesn't mention " loading "). it should work!

Suggested posts