Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Won't Open Public Playlist

Web Player Won't Open Public Playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

acer 11 chromebook

Operating System

My Question or Issue
When I click on a link to a public playlist, it goes straight to my home page instead of going to the playlist page. Any way to fix this?

3 Replies

Hey @c00kieeo,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome.

It'd be great if you could share with us the link to the public playlist you're trying to open.

We'll test how it works for us and keep you updated regarding how we can help you 🙂

We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there @c00kieeo,

Thanks for sharing the link 🙂

When I opened it, it went straight to the playlist. Is this happening solely with public playlists or with any other link (song, album) as well?

Can you confirm that this happens only when using the web player on your Chromebook? Is it possible for you to try it on a different device. Also, would you mind downloading the app to check if this will solve the issue. Head to the FAQ here to find out how to install the app on your Chromebook.

To make sure it's not an issue with your Spotify account itself, it would help if you could try logging into another account to test if you'll get the same result.

Should the issue persist, it would be great if you could provide some extra info, so that our tech team can look into this in detail. You'll find a template for that here under Report your issue.

Hope this helps - Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts