Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player for Podcasts missing video

Web Player for Podcasts missing video

On Crome, Firefox and Safari  on MacOS or Windows

The Web Player for podcasts (Joe Rogan) is missing the video.  Clicking on the video button does nothing other than bring up an empty video player.

Audio does play.

43 Replies

Hey @litewoheat, we're still here! 

No worries. As we mentioned above, we are aware of this behavior and we can also  confirm the right team is investigating this as we speak 😉 

We can't provide a time frame for a fix, but will make sure to let you know as soon as there are any updates.

We thank you for all the info you've provided so far and for your patience. 

Have a great day! 

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Please read the whole ticket!!  I've been asked that more than once and answered more than once.

I've tried multiple browsers on multiple machines on multiple OSes most have never been to Spotify before.  I've tried incognito, I've tried with VPN including to Stockholm.  I've tried without.  I've tried 3 entirely different networks.   No video in ALL situations.   Also see the video I posted twice in this ticket.

Hi there @litewoheat,

Thank you for your reply.

We can confirm that we've passed all of the info to the right team who's investigating this at the moment and we'll get back to you all in this thread as soon as there's any updates regarding this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Spotify video broken here on desktop. Unbelievable the amount of incompetence in the Spotify team developing their software over the years. I guess all these subscriptions fee are going towards lining their pockets. 

Upvote for this issue. What helps in my case for the Joe Rogan's podcasts is clicking on an individual episode and starting the playback from there rather than trying to play it from the list of episodes.

A solution that works for me : after clicking the "show video" button, just click on "next" and the video appears (for some reason).

I should note that I've always had a similar issue regarding subtitles, I've contacted Spotify a few months ago but they couldn't help me. In this case, the solution consists in opening other videos (one usually does the trick) and then going back to the one I want to watch.

Hey folks! 

We got reports the video on the web player seems to be working now. Can you check from your end and confirm if this has been resolved for you, or if you're still experiencing the same behavior? We'd appreciate it.

Keep us posted.

JulianModerator

Not yet. Still not working.

See this screen cap video https://recordit.co/vxm3haa3U1

Pressing play doesn’t always work (have to click multiple times)

No Video

Clicking on the Video button (lower left) brings up an empty player.

Clicking on the episode link and again clicking the play button will load the video (maybe)

—————

..and see this screen cap video http://recordit.co/txJM4kNcWS

Loading directly to the episode page will not load the video.

Hey @litewoheat ,

Thanks for getting back to us with the video.

Do you mind starting a vide from the episodes page again in a private or incognito browser? Sometimes the cache and cookies in your browser can cause such behavior and this is an easy workaround. You could also try with another device, if that's an option.

On another note - does this happen with all podcasts or only with this one?

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried Chrome, Chrome Canary, Edge and FireFox on Mac and Windows all incognito. The windows install was a clean base install of Win 10 that had never been used. All have same behavior in the previous videos I uploaded.

I don’t know any other podcast on Spotify that has video.

Hey @litewoheat

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that. 

We've passed this info on to the right team to be looked into. 

Thanks for your patience.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi again @litewoheat

Would you mind sending us the exact version of the browsers you're trying with?

Also, could you check again if this is happening with multiple episodes?

Lastly, we suggest that you log out > restart your device > log back in to see if that does the trick. 

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Chrome Canary: Version 92.0.4493.0 (Official Build) canary (x86_64)
Firefox: 89.0.2
Whatever the latest version if Edge is for Windows 10

My “device" is a desktop computer. Restarting it will not make any difference.

…and I tried this on completely fresh boot of Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine with nothing installed other than the base OS.

I don’t understand how you’re not seeing this? Are your engineers actually testing this on browser or just looking at unit tests and pushing it live? This shouldn't be hard at all. You want me to fix it for you? I guarantee I can in less than 2 hours and I’ve never seen your code.

Hey @litewoheat,

Thanks for the getting back to us.

Just to double-check- does this happen with multiple episodes?

Could you also log out, restart the PC and then log back in to the account to check if anything changes?

In case that doesn't make a difference, could you also share with us the exact version of the Edge browser that is running on the PC? We'll pass the info on to the right team.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

The Spotify community moderators might as well be AI's responding with prewritten scripts because they obviously are unable to read or comprehend anything. You'd think a billion dollar company wouldn't be so incompetent? 

I’m done getting versions etc. The version is Edge has nothing to do with it. Rebooting solves nothing. THIS DOES NOT WORK ON ANY PC WITH ANY VERSION OF ANY BROWSER ON ANY OS PERIOD. If your engineers cannot see this then they need to be fired.

We do understand your frustration, however, we are in contact with the team investigating this and we are passing on their questions so we can get to the bottom of this.

We also checked with our customer support team in case other users are also experiencing this as we were not able to reproduce this on our end.

In order to be able to reliably reproduce this issue, we'll need more information about it and your help. 

As this happens with the web player via a browser and API, it's harder to get more information as it is from the app itself. There could be different factors that could be the cause of this issue such as plugins or privacy configurations and many others. The fact that we're not able to reproduce this or that reports are scarce, point to some sort of individual configuration incompatibilities.

If we are to continue to help, we will need to ask for you to follow our Guidelines when posting in the Community and remember to keep a friendly tone.

If you share the information mentioned in the previous response, we'll be happy to pass it on the the right team to continue the investigation. 

Ver Moderator

Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? I haven't been able to use the video feature at all

I guess not because this is my first time trying to watch podcast on a desktop and vide not playing.

Yep, no video...

Suggested posts