Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player link redirects me to Home page

Web Player link redirects me to Home page

When I click on the Web Player link (https://play.spotify.com), it redirects me to the home page of spotify (https://www.spotify.com/us/). The web player worked previously for me. I'm using Internet Explorer on a Windows 8.1 RT tablet. Any help would be appreciated!

5 Replies

Are you able to try different browsers? Firefox or Chrome?
If not try to check if you can enable flash player in IE.

My system doesn't meet the requirements to run firefox & I tried chrome previously, but Windoes RT tablets don't allow Chrome to run for some reason. I downloaded and tried to run the Chrome download but the message "This app can't run on your PC" pops up. (The same message appears when I try to install the Spotify app which is why I have been using the Web Player.) I checked my browser settings and flash player is enabled in IE. I don't know what else to do.

Since I don't have the tablet myself I can only guess if the feature I recommend to try exists.
Is there a desktop mode in the browser? If yes try to enable it and then try to access the web player.

I've been having issues (past two-three weeks) with the web player too - apart from music not playing, the layout has also changed completely. Rather than seeing play.spotify in the URL, it changes to open.spotify. There are less features down the left hand side, there is no control column on the right (there's just a small one at the bottom of the screen), I cannot access my friends profiles etc... The 'settings' section is also missing.

I've contacted spotify care via facebook, they have asked me to try several things (incl. clearing cache and cookies, trying different browsers, incognito...) nothing seems to be fixing the issue yet!

Just tried that and it didn't work. Really strange that this situation happened. I'll keep working at it. Thanks for trying to help me out!

Suggested posts