Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player no longer works on Edge

Solved!

Web Player no longer works on Edge

Have been using Web Player for over a year on Edge.   For last 2 days, it no longer works.   It loads the page, flashes, reloads with all the dashboard graphics and then goes away and displays "This page is having a problem loading".     On same PC and user account works fine in IE...but I don't want to run IE and Edge.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Great news folks! 

The new Spotify Web player is up and running on the Edge14+ web browser for Windows. To enable it, you just need to download a media pack from Microsoft. Here’s how: 

1. Go to the Microsoft download centre.
  2. Select your language and click Download.
  3. Choose your platform and click Next.
  4. Go to the Web player and enjoy Spotify from the comfort of your own web browser. 
Check out Microsoft's download centre for more details and a full installation guide.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Indeed, I've tested and the same happens for me...

Follow me

Me too.  Any fix found?

Hi,

It affects me as well. I'm curious that there's not any more complains about this...

Same with me! Still no fix for this problem?

I've heard nothing.   I'm using the Win10 app as a workaround.

How does the community works, is any Spotify employee looking at issues that are posted here?

Is it better to just submit a bug somewhere on the Spotify website? I haven't found any place to report an issue other than here.

Clearly, having this topic opened since two weeks without any official reply, I don't believe their support is paying attention...

Having the same issue.. and also wondering why they haven't fixed yet..

me too!

yolo

Still no update from any support user.

If it's any useful, here's technical info I can provide :

Edge version : Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 (should be the same for everyone as it's being updated automatically)

Flash was working correctly (tested here : https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html)

Hi,

I'm accessing Spotify on a computer at work running windows 10, which I have little control over so my only way to use the service is by using the web player inside Edge. If I can't, I might just end my premium subscription.

Is anybody from spotify even reading these?

So far there has been NO response from the Spotify team.

Happens to me too.

and the problem is the only way to play 5.1 sound is through edge .. now that's gone. Lyrics before that what else. The price still the same. What a **bleep**ty service!!!

I have the same problem in Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0.

Workaround: try to click on any button to play a random song via the tab "Radio" or "Your music" as fast as possible, now the site won't reload until the end of your browsing session

I am doing the same thing but sometimes it wont work out.

I've cleared cache, history, logged out, restarted, etc et al

The page keeps reloading until eventually I get a browser error.

Upon inspection of source elements I see an error message:

"FORBIDDEN - The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfil it."

"https://js.adsrvr.org/up_loader.1.1.1.min.js.map"

Anyone ar spotify can help??

I'm still affected by the issue.

Maybe Spotify has some kind of feud with Microsoft ?!?

And same here. The quick click sometimes works, but not always. The issue doesn't seem to show up on Chrome, where it's working like it's supposed to.

There also seeems to be security issues with spotify's use of scorecardresearch.com in background.

I'm surprised it's taking so long to fix. i guess they don't mind losing ad revenue to google play.

Suggested posts