Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player not playing!

Web Player not playing!

Hi!

I've been using the web player for a long time now. Have spotify linked to my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S8+) and Google Home systems.

Starting today I could not get anything to play on the web player (Chrome, Windows 10) if I hit the play button on an artist or an album. 

However, if I go to a specific song in a playlist and hit play - it would play.

If I go to my mobile app it's all good and works with no problem...

I tried the "unstuck" method that was thrown around in some threads and it only played whatever was playing on my mobile, but not get itself "unstuck".

Tried logging in through Firefox, Edge (which are not in use generally) and same problem.

Frustrated!

7 Replies

Hi there,

I recommend you to check out this Spotify Answer with the next steps to take in order to try to fix your problems with the Web Player.

I hope this helps, if that doesn't do the trick, let me know! Have a great day 🙂

Thanks. I tried all of those - as I mentioned, I tried incognito, Edge, FireFox (which were never in use in this computer)

I'm connected via ethernet to a local network but it's the same response in wifi, at home, at work. 

As I mentioned - if I play a specific song it played, but clicking play on an album/artist doesn't work at all.

The hosts file didn't help either. Same error.

Hi @TamirMeiri,

Are the hosts file empty? Does the same issue happen on one computer or on different computers?

If it's possible, please, try to log in using a different account to see if the same thing happens. 🙂

Hosts file is empty.

I don't ahve another computer handy right now...

Hey @TamirMeiri.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd like to find out if this is account related. Do you have a friend or family member that uses Spotify? If yes, ask this person to log in on one of your devices to see if the same happens or if everything works how it should.

Let us know what you can find. Have a nice day!

I am also having the same problem, but only on one of my Windows computers. I have tried it on other Windows computers and it works fine, and my Mac works fine, but the web player will not play ANY song on ANY browser for whatever reason. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps in that other post.

Nevermind, fixed by removing a spotify line in my Hosts file.

Suggested posts