Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player won't playing anything!

Web Player won't playing anything!

I use Spotify Web player all of the time. just yesterday, it all of the sudden stopped working. I'll press play on any songs but none of them work. It does absolutely nothing, yet it still lists the song under recently played. I've tried logging out, refreshing, everything else a million times. This also happened on my laptop (Right now, I'm using a Chromebook) and I switched to Youtube, but I can't do that on my Chromebook. I don't have Spotify downloaded and I can't download it, I use Web Player. I also don't use premium, so it can't be any of the problems I've read about. Please help, I can't listen to music until I get this fixed. I don't like other music websites, I like this because I can listen to whatever I want.

2 Replies

Same issue on two machines:

Google Chrome version: 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build(64-bit)

Google Chrome version: 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build(64-bit)

Hi, I may have had the same problem as you (for me Chrome/FireFox/Opera not working, but Edge was working). For me I was able to fix the problem by following @thepest solution here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Web-Player-not-working-in-Chrome-b...

It's as if the browser/web player is, for lack of a better term, "stuck". With the web player open, I played music with the Spotify app on my phone, clicked Devices Available on the bottom of the app, and then switched it to Spotify Web Player. The browser/web player started playing like normal again, as if it got "unstuck". If it's indeed the same problem, worst case you might need to fiddle with different devices playing back to the web player (and vice versa, also might need to close and reopen web player) to get it working again.

Suggested posts