Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web browser on iPad

Solved!

Web browser on iPad

Hi, I’d like to open Spotify web version on my iPad.

i can access to my profile, but can't see any playlist of mine.

please help me, thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

It's currently not possible to use the full version of Spotify via the web player on iPad: if you go to open.spotify.com, you can only listen to 30-second previews of songs, and there's no option to log in (note that this doesn't just apply to Safari).

If you'd like for this feature to be implemented, make sure to head over here and create a new idea. That way, other users can show their support for the idea, and the more people that vote, the more likely it is to be implemented by Spotify in the future.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi!

I think you should be able to open the web player from your iPad with THIS LINK.

Best regards

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Doesn’t work. I mean: the page has just the usual list of genres and moods. Not my saved playlists or songs.

Hi again! 

I think you won't be able to use safari on iPad to open the web player because safari isn't in the system requirements of the web player. You can see this here.

Best regards

LukeSpotify Star

I'm using chrome, which is in the requirements.

but I can access just my profile.

no saved songs, no search button to look for songs. It,s just not Spotify, looks more like the profile management of Spotify.

Hi!

I thinks iOS doesn't have flash built in but you need it for the webplayer because Spotify webplayer requires Flash to play audio and to decode the tracks. Maybe you can use an iOS app with flash.

Best regards.

LukeSpotify Star

Hey @Pierale77

The web player is on open.spotify.com. I am entirely not sure about how it should look like on a tablet (because I don't have one), but since it's not regarded as, um, mobile device, you should be able to see the web player, especially since you're using a supported browser.

Open.spotify.com doesn't need flash. It uses HTML5 for media playback. Old player in play.spotify.com used Flash.

SebastySpotify Star

I tried it on my iPad too, but it isn’t working there.

LukeSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

It's currently not possible to use the full version of Spotify via the web player on iPad: if you go to open.spotify.com, you can only listen to 30-second previews of songs, and there's no option to log in (note that this doesn't just apply to Safari).

If you'd like for this feature to be implemented, make sure to head over here and create a new idea. That way, other users can show their support for the idea, and the more people that vote, the more likely it is to be implemented by Spotify in the future.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

I'm incredibly disappointed Spotify has made the decision not to support its users here. The corp iPad I'm using today has both Chrome and Safari on it, and both browsers support every other app I use. It's just Spotify that won't play, wanting me to install an app where I'm not allowed to.

[Solution] You can request desktop site for opening spotify in website.Then you can use spotify.”There are still some bugs”

Suggested posts