Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
My Question or Issue
On the web player, when I double click a song to play or single click the play icon to the left of the song, it always skips to the next song and then skips to the next until it gets to the song six rows below the song I selected, and then it attempts to "play" the song. The time bar will progress as though the song is playing, but no sound is played, and the play/pause, prev, and next buttons do not respond when clicked.
I have attempted to use the web player in Chrome (Version 96.0.4664.45). This is a work laptop with application installation restricted, so I cannot install the Windows player. The app on my iPhone works fine, but I'd like to play music on my computer speakers as I work.
I attempted this on another Windows 10 laptop, and the problem persisted on both Chrome (Version 96.0.4664.45) and Edge (Version 96.0.1054.34).
I've read other similar issues, but their solutions did not work. I tried clearing browser cache, but that didn't work. I tried opening an incognito window to play the web player, but that didn't work. I ensured that the browser is enabled to play protected content. Another "solution" was to create a brand new account and migrate all information to the new account, but I don't really see that as a solution.
I've read in previous posts that this issue could be tied to my account specifically rather than my browser. My account was initially created with a Facebook account and was therefore linked to my facebook account's email address. I recently updated my account to use a different email address, and the timing seems to possibly line up as being the culprit. I attempted logging my account out of all devices, but that also did not fix the issue.
To try to get some idea of what's happening, I've opened Chrome's developer tools while attempting to play a song. My browser gets a lot of 416 status codes from the Spotify server when trying to hit the following URLs