Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player not working on Chrome OS

Web player not working on Chrome OS

I'm using a Toshiba Chromebook, my firmware/OS info is:

Version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit)
Platform 8172.62.0 (Official Build) stable-channel leon
Firmware Google_Leon.4389.61.46

I have checked for updates but this appears to be the most up to date version for my laptop.

Previously the app/web player was working fine, but since yesterday every time I have tried to load it I get an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT message. This occurs both when I try to load spotify by putting https://play.spotify.com in the navigation bar, and when I try to load the app from the tray. I have run the chrome diagnostic to see if there is anything unusual with my connection, but it has come back all clear. 

My spotify account continues to work fine on my Desktop (both web player and windows app) and my Android phone, all of which are connected to the same network.

I have attached a screenshot of the error page, although it's just the standard chrome message for a site that can't be reached.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben
spotifyerror.png
1 Reply

Similar problem to OP, but I get the interminable "connecting to spotify" wheel, also on a Toshiba Chromebook with the following firmware: 

Version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit)
Platform 8172.62.0 (Official Build) stable-channel swanky
Firmware Google_Swanky.5216.238.5

The wheel changes to "Can't connect to spotify, trying again now" after a while and finally ends at a notification that I should install Flash. (This last message previously was always resolved by simply navigating to a page in the web player). 

This problem has continued for a few days now, otherwise the Toshiba Chromebook is operating fine. 

Suggested posts