Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player refuses to load anything, the page doesn't even load.

Solved!

Web player refuses to load anything, the page doesn't even load.

Pretty much the title. Trying to load play.spotify.com doesn't do anything.

I'd tried it in multiple browsers, I've disabled adblock, https everywhere etc, and nothing has worked.

wtfspotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can't see anywhere in the web site. You might be able to by loading up the desktop version of Spotify and accepting the new terms from there.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hello @humankillerx,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Error 500 is server side error and it there is not much you can do about it.

However, I just tried the web player and the issue and it works fine. 
Can you try and let me know if you can access it now?

Hello @humankillerx

And Welcome to the Spotify Community
Actually something similar happened to myself before, but instead of the Error 500, what happened was that I was always being re-directed to the Browser page and I was never being able to click on a playlist page, that sucked. However in your case, there might be several possibilities, these are:

1) The Spotify server is not working fine at the moment and you have to wait for a while. (I do believe that of all the possibilities, this is the one that makes more sense)

2) You have some trojan attacking your PC doing that, on this case you might want to scan your PC using Malwarebytes.

3) Try to install another browser.

Still have the same problem? There is another alternative tough, in which you can contact Spotify by this link --> https://www.spotify.com/pt/about-us/contact/ .

Cheers*

Alexis*

Hi humankillerx,

Can I ask, are you redirected to play.spotify.com/legal ? Or, more simply, what does your address bar show?

Ta.

It does actually.

Me too.

Did you (also like me) defer accepting the new privacy policy and terms multiple times?

Maybe? I don't think I've ever been prompted to accept new terms. Is there some place I can check?

This is the first time I've tried to use Spotify in months though, so odds are I need to.

Marked as solution

I can't see anywhere in the web site. You might be able to by loading up the desktop version of Spotify and accepting the new terms from there.

That did it, you're an actual, literal god.

This is all about the legal thing. Still waiting for a solution.

Loading up the Desktop app and accepting the new TOS there worked for me.

Ok.

Did you try to remove the /legal part of the page and reload it? It's cause I already tried to load the Webplayer with the /legal stuff in it and it seems the 500 Error does appear on my PC as well. Only without it, it works fine.

That solution probably would work but alas there are no new TOS for me to accept on the desktop player.

Is it the latest version of Spotify, do you know? I think you can trigger it to update somewhere in settings if not.

I've tried clearing cookies. I've tried different browsers. I've tried updating Flash. I've tried removing /legal. None of those work.

I do not have the latest Spotify desktop app because Spotify decided to stop updating it's desktop app on my version of Mac OS X some months ago. Which is why I switched to the Web Player.

Do you have any other devices / operating systems that you could install a new version on? e.g. Windows / Linux / iOS / Android?

@Comteop I'm sorry for that...I don't remember having problems with the ToS, anyway.

You mean you wanna play in the Browser but then you say there are no ToS for you to accept on the Desktop player?? Maybe it's good for you to try and contact Spotify. Via --> https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/

C
heers

*Alexis*

I could contact them, but I'm not under the illusion they'll do anything. I think this may be the kick I need to check out the competition.

Hi Comteop, when I contacted support, after a bit of back and forth, they offered to transfer all my stuff to a new user account. I expect that that would work for you.

I guess it's all about patience (and persistence) after all...and if you want some feedback, I heared Spotify workers were kinda nice people, so why don't you give it a try? 🙂

Also, don't expect them to do anything unless you act and talk with them about your problems, it is you who have to start, not them. If you are expecting them to start, then I'm sorry to say this, you will have a frustrated waiting life.

Good luck.

Suggested posts