Free

Country

Sweden

Device

Self-built PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I try to play a song on the web player using firefox it won't play. I get the loading animation around the play button and the album art appears for a second before disappearing and the progress bar is reset. I can play podcasts without any issues though.

I have tried the following without any success:

- Changing browsers

I tried using edge and chrome but ran into the same issues.

- Clearing cache and cookies

- Running the web player in incognito mode

- Disabling my adblocker

- Using a different device (Macbook Pro 2017)

- Flushing my dns by hitting Win + R and then entering ipconfig/flushdns

- Editing the contents of the hosts file at

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

I had no entries in the hosts file with spotify or fastly in the address. I also tried removing all the entries but that didn't solve my problem.

I would be grateful for any additional suggestions on how to solve my problem as I am running out of ideas. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I managed to solve my problem. The issue was that the country setting on my account didn't match the country I'm using Spotify from. Changing it to Sweden lets me play music again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @Laddarn

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome! We'll do our best to help you sort this out. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using any of your devices and let us know if they can replicate this?

You can also give it a try using a different network to see if you notice anything new.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I asked a family member with a Spotify Premium account to log in on my PC and they could play music using my device without any problems.

I also tried connecting to a different network and playing music on my account but it didn't solve my problem.

Hi again @Laddarn

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Would you mind letting us know if the same thing happens when you use the desktop app? 

We'd also recommend making sure that your network has no restrictions for Spotify.

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hi,

I managed to solve my problem. The issue was that the country setting on my account didn't match the country I'm using Spotify from. Changing it to Sweden lets me play music again.

Hey @Laddarn

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We’re happy to hear that updating the country setting fixed this for you. 

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Еnjoy your music! 

Suggested posts