Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player thumbs not the same as mobile app thumbs?

Web player thumbs not the same as mobile app thumbs?

I listen to radio stations on my phone using the Android app while I work. I can't take my personal phone out while I work, but I do have a work PC, so I can use that to manage what Spotify is playing on my phone. I would love to use my android watch, but thumbs don't exist yet in the wear app, even though that was like the first thing Pandora did with theirs (step up ya game, guys!)

My issue is that the thumbs on the web player (chrome) don't seem to do the same thing as the thumbs in the app. The thumbs up in the app turns green and the 'improving station' message pops up, but on the web player, it just adds the song to my music collection. I don't see the thumb turn green on my phone when I thumb up a track in the web player. I also don't see the songs in the "liked from radio" playlist, unless I go back on my phone and thumb it up there.

Same with thumbs down. In both cases it skips the song, thankfully, but in the app it 'improves' the station (according to the message), while on the web player it just says it 'won't play in my daily mix.'

Can I be assured that the two different systems are performing the same function? I don't really mind that random songs are being added to my library, but I want to know if my radio stations are actually being modified by using the thumbs in the web player.

Thanks!

0 Replies

Suggested posts