Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player with premium subscription prevents on demand playlist songs from playing

Web player with premium subscription prevents on demand playlist songs from playing

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Does the Spotify web player prevent on demand song playing from playlists even with a premium subscription?  I know the mobile version prevents on demand playing of songs with the free subscription.  I use the desktop client version of the Spotify player at home that works fine.  I can only use the Spotify web player at work as I am not allowed to install the software client on my work computer.  The premium subscription is useless if I cannot have the same features with the web player as those that come with the desktop client version.  Please let me know why my Spotify premium account playlist songs are grayed out on the web player which prevents on demand playing of the songs.

1 Reply

Hi there @sandman2053,

Thanks for asking about the Spotify Web Player!  

There should be no limitations to play on-demand songs in the Web Player when using Spotify Premium. Since it works fine on your Desktop device at home, the same should be on the computer at work. 

Please make sure you don't have a second account. After that, log in on the computer at work with your Premium login data by entering it manually

Additionally, you could try clearing the cache from your browser and try again. If the situation stays the same, please send us a screenshot of how the Web Player appears on the work computer and of the error message when you try to play songs on-demand.

Let us know how it goes! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts