Free

Country

Portugal

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 (Home)

My Question or Issue

This has been a recurring issue for the last few months. Everytime I enter the log in interface or open my Web Player (I use Google Chrome, in case it matters), everything appears in Arabic... for some reason...

I have no idea how to fix this. Doesn't seem to be affected by my PC's defined language. The rest of the website (after and before log in) is in English, as expected.

Can provide pics in necessary

8 Replies

Hi @Coolboy4999 !

Just to rule it out - have you already tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? That would be the first recommendation I can make. Feel free to reply or attach any screenshots and I can try to help some more. 🙂

Hi again,

Aparently deleting cache and cookies doesn't work, as you can see from the attachments.

Any other solutions?

Spotify - Log in.PNG
Spotify - WebPlayer1.PNG
Spotify - WebPlayer21.png

Hey @Coolboy4999.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you go to our website and scroll all the way down? You'll see a country code with a tiny flag. When you click there you'll be able to change your region.

Hope that works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hello again,

I'm sorry to inform you that method does NOT work.

Obviously checking the "country flag" would be the first thing to check, otherwise I wouldn't go through the trouble of posting on the Forums.

The issue is strictly about the prints/sites I posted above: the Log In interface (which has no "flag/language" option) and the WebPlayer (which doesn't have it either).

I await further instructions.

Best regards

Hey @Coolboy4999.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd like some further info in order to be able to find out what's going on.

• Does it occur with any other web-browser as well?
  • Does the downloadable app show the same language?
  • What happens if you have a friend or family member log into your account?

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Hello again,

Results:

- Using IE, both languages shown (at Log In and Webplayer) are correct English or PT.

- The Desktop App is also accurate, though it does have another issue to it, but not of this kind.

- Do you mean by logging in from another device?

Regards.

Hey @Coolboy4999.

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Yes, I think that's what @Guido meant - could you try that?

Do you mind also asking someone to log in to the web player on your desktop using Chrome and seeing if they get the same error?

Keep us posted 🙂

Hey again,

I think I solved this myself.

I was scrolling through my Chrome settings and for some reason I had Arabic on my Dictionary list, under Languages.

Moreover, it was on the top of the list, which I thought to be the trigger for the "bug".

So I tested it. And, yes, that seems to be the case. The top language on the Dictionary list becomes the Language of choice for the Spotify pages I mentioned (in the title).

Not sure if this is what is expected, but it's what I got thus far.

Regards,

Coolboy4999

Suggested posts